too much snow!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbrarick

Wildman CT
Reaction score
37 inches with drifts over 4 feet. Took 5 1/2 hours to clean off the driveway, but you can't go anywhere. one lane all the way to my firehouse. The main roads are 1 1/2 lanes wide right now, just got back from another call....

I hate to say it, but you're lucky. As a mechanic whose work load in the winter relies on snow removal equipment breaking down and needing repair, it's been a horrible year until this week. We've been on 32 hours since last November. A little tough to spend money on rockets and family. Silly me, I keep choosing family. Now we're getting snow, and I'm off to a service school Monday through Thursday. Work may pick up with the recent snow, but mainly they'll be short one person, so they may get 40hrs this week. But probably not me, unless there is enough left over to justify bringing me in on Friday. But I'm not hopeful.

Adrian

Been a FF/Paramedic for over 20 years, do NOT envy your situation!!

Feel for ya, really do!

Did a medical this AM where we had to put the patient in the stokes, tie some rope to the front and get the crew to act as sled dogs - about 3/8 mile...took forever and we were shot after!

Back