Too much Grease?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan S.

Reaction score
I have a snap ring load here, and some Dow 111, I was just wondering, I was thinking of covering the O rings in grease and really being liberal with the grease all over, but can I put to much on?

rub the side of your nose, thats how much grease it takes to lube an o-ring, a very tiny amount just to make it slicker

What Stymye said.
The whole idea is to make the o-rings not bind and distort/break while the closures are tightned down.

this is a snap ring case not an AT case, it does not compres the o rings, they go on the side of the nozzle in slots

Originally posted by Ryan S.
this is a snap ring case not an AT case, it does not compres the o rings, they go on the side of the nozzle in slots
Oops...
Didn't pay attention, I guess. My mistake. Still, I don't believe the grease is actually making the "seal" so to speak. I would still keep it as light as possible.

doesn't matter ,the o-ring makes the seal .the grease is just there to keep the o ring from grabbing.

Back