tomahawk

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That depends.

Are you referring to the Quest kit, or to something else?

Perhaps a scratch build like this one?

Yes, very nice. I'm kicking around the idea of a 6" version. It would be about 84" tall and I'm trying to decide if I should go with a 75mm or 54mm MMT.

LOL, that is my *brother's* Tomahawk. His TRF name is "Big J S.A.M."

I did little else than take pictures. ;)

I've built other AT kits, but not that one. AT kits go together great, and always seem to perform as advertised. I've seen a few of the AT tomahawks, and they've always done fine. Just keep in mind that if you launch it on G's, it's a screamer.

I love my AT Tomahawk. I don't fly it often, but when I do, it sucks up F motors like crazy. It loves the F50-9T, very, VERY fast off the pad with a good deployment at apogee, around 2000 feet. Great rocket. If you can afford it, buy it!

Jason

Ya, I had an AT Tomohawk for a long time. It was a wonderfull rocket I think we must have launched it more than 20 times. I would recomend buying it, especially if it is one of your first mid power rockets as it is pretty easy to assemble and uses a baffle so that no recovery wadding is needed.

When you go to cramming 29mm AP motors in something that size, shape and other characteristics mean little.

You could save a buck or two and actually get greater performance with a similarly dimensioned rocket with the LOC Aura.

If you're going for an AT kit that you can really enjoy, get an Initiator, Wart Hog, or Strong ARM.

If performance is what you crave, again - get the LOC Aura or the AT Cheetah.

Bottom line - get what you think is cool (including the AT IQSY Tomahawk.) If you stick a 29mm G80 in a rocket that is about the same size (Cheetah, Aura, whatever,) it's gone in a blink and flying so high you probably won't see the deployment event anyway.

:cool:

Back