Tom Cruise Is Going To Space

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While Tom Cruise the Human Being is kind of an odd fellow, I do have to admit that Tom Cruise the Living Special Effect is kind of awesome. Even if the film ends up being complete garbage there should be at least one "Making Of..." documentary that's worth watching.

While Tom Cruise the Human Being is kind of an odd fellow, I do have to admit that Tom Cruise the Living Special Effect is kind of awesome.
I agree. I really enjoy almost all of his movies, especially the action movies, and will definitely be looking forward to seeing this one.

But from what I know of him I wouldn't want him as a neighbor, a teacher in the local schools, a coworker, or anything like that. Stay in Hollywood and/or Clearwater Fl.

I heard he was trying to become extraterrestrial and arranged a scheduled departure on the last Vogon ship to pass by Earth (hitchhikers guide to the galaxy) , but was 5 minutes too late!.

His interviews are worse than Vogon poetry.

Just one of the many incredulous souls that find it hard to imagine that people believe in a religion founded by a washed up Sci Fi author from the 1950s
Oh come on, you didn't know that L. Ron Hubbard isn't a washed up Sci Fi author from the 1950s? No! He is an alien god that showed THE WAY. 🤣 Of course he's not one of those psychology aliens that are brain washing us. And yes, all of that was sarcasm. 😁

Can we get Angie to add a sarcasm icon to the list of emojis?
That would be good. I've been accused of being a bit sarcastic. If done right it doesn't sound sarcastic. In the military I learned to be able to tell people to go to hell and have them be happy to be on their way. 😆

While Tom Cruise the Human Being is kind of an odd fellow, I do have to admit that Tom Cruise the Living Special Effect is kind of awesome. Even if the film ends up being complete garbage there should be at least one "Making Of..." documentary that's worth watching.
"kind of an odd fellow" is like "a trivial amputation of one limb". :)

I used to have a great deal of respect for Musk, but allowing this pudding-brained nutjob on a flight has reduced that respect significantly. Yes, it will raise awareness of Musk's work (which is likely to be one reason for Cruise's selection). But considering the influence that celebrities have on the population---regardless of how wild the claims might be---raising the awareness of Cruise, making him out to be even more important, is anything but good.

For those who have never looked into the details of Scientology's claims and actions, may I suggest the following to start:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leah_Remini:_Scientology_and_the_Aftermath (see "Scientology reaction" first)
https://www.aetv.com/shows/leah-remini-scientology-and-the-aftermath
Scary.

Best -- Terry

Last edited:
Oh well - on sarcasm, it is an art form in the service. My friend Ron could look at the main course on the dinner line and say "chicken" and it was like a paragraph on the subject of mil-food. :)
I will never eat chicken cacciatore ever again...

If people can believe in a made up religion from the 50's, then just imagine what the next one on the internet will be like. People believed in the pizza parlor thing : / from the Infowars kook...

No cheers on this one / Robert

I like to use the winky to indicate when my comments are more lighthearted and somewhat sarcastic. But I'm still jealous of crazy, rich actors who get to go and I don't. ;)

FWIW I thought that by now celebrity scientology bashing was pretty low fruit. But I don't know any scientologists personally nor do I know anyone who has been negatively impacted by them. All I know is that they exist and they have money and lawyers.

Last edited:
Can we get Angie to add a sarcasm icon to the list of emojis?
Find some good ones to suggest and I'll definitely show them to her. Having a sarcasm emoji, if that's possible, would probably clear up a lot of misunderstandings on posts around here.

Back