Today I Learned...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not much, but today I learned how to operate our church's new sound system. The big mixing board is gone, now it's all controlled with a tablet. As an engineer, the problem I see here is that any time you want to change stuff, you've got to hire a contractor to do it. All the software is "under the hood" so you can just pull new wires or add new microphones without involving the original installer.

Today I learned that the American Justice system is completely broken, as the news told of the ISIS terrorist that shot 28 people in New York City and killed five of them was finally brought into the courtroom, and I say finally because it happened 5 years ago. this guy was caught red-handed in the street with many witnesses and he confessed that he wanted to die a martyr for the god Allah. :dontknow: so why would it have taken five years? America is NOT the greatest country in the world.

I learned a new word yesterday.

Apparently, even though I was familiar with the word "Corpus," which means a collection of writings, it is a singular noun.

Therefore if you have more than one collection, the *plural* of corpus is "Corpora."

There, so now you learned something. :)

I learned a new word yesterday.

Apparently, even though I was familiar with the word "Corpus," which means a collection of writings, it is a singular noun.

Therefore if you have more than one collection, the *plural* of corpus is "Corpora."

There, so now you learned something. :)
What if you have a collection of collections? Or multiple collections of collections?

TIL:

If you are trying to calibrate your Vevor Electronic Scale and it asks for 2000g and you put a 200g weight on it and then realize your mistake and turn it off, when you turn it back on, it weighs everything as if it's 10 times heavier than it actually is. You then have to calibrate it with a 2000g weight in order to get it back to working as it should.

Unexpected advantage: Your scale now can be used for higher precision weighing, just multiply everything by 10 to get the actual weight.

Today You Will Learn (TYWL)

A 5c coin in America, the nickle, weighs 5 grams. The nickle comes in rolls of 40 ($2), which weighs 200 grams. So 10 rolls would weigh 2000 grams (2 kilos).

Today You Will Learn (TYWL)

A 5c coin in America, the nickle, weighs 5 grams. The nickle comes in rolls of 40 ($2), which weighs 200 grams. So 10 rolls would weigh 2000 grams (2 kilos).
So...I could have taken $20 to the bank and gotten it changed to nickels, used them to recalibrate, then turned them back into folding money and saved the cost of the calibration weight?

NOW you tell me!

Back