Today’s New Shepard Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowspawn

Reaction score
Is it just me or did today’s launch and recovery seem to go by pretty quickly? It also seemed like the booster and capsule touchdowns were much closer together than prior flights. Finally, it appeared to be a comparatively hard landing at 17 mph. Was the chute system delayed in opening? I realize that the BO team may be tweaking their routine for more streamlined efficiency of flight events, but I just felt like everything seemed a little rushed today. I wonder if this was all according to plan or if, perhaps, there were some unexpected outcomes that unfolded today?

Last edited:
So what have you guys done to advance space travel? Oh...nothing!

Back to playing with your toy rockets.

Envy is such a pathetic emotion.

Not saying it is not an impressive accomplishment, but I can't help but compare it to how the Falcon 9 performs.

Not saying it is not an impressive accomplishment, but I can't help but compare it to how the Falcon 9 performs.
Exactly, BO has been around since 2000 and Space X since 2002 yet Space X continues to pull ahead, maybe once New Glenn is operating things will change but for now Space X is doing more interesting stuff.

Ummmm, Yeah a rich person's joyride but seeing a booster make a controlled descent and fire up for a controlled landing is a really neat accomplishment. Just like in an old time science fiction serial movie. Flash Gordon comes to mind. I think there were a fair number of sci-fi movies where a rocket was depicted landing upright in the old time serials.
Wonder how long the booster is supposed to last? I suspect it was designed with a lot of replaceable consumables so the airframe could be reused safely. Kurt

Latest posts

Back