To the MOON, Alice!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ROL and CNBC are behind the times, we on TRF have been cussing and discussing this topic for quite a while now ;)

Yup, we've been talking about this one for some time. I'm not sure, but I think the Bush camp and House Science committee may be lurking here and stealing some of our ideas. :p

yea, I have seen this pop up from time to time, but figured it was time to revitalize it, 'specially since they are having a poll.

besides, that was too good a thread title to miss ... :p

How about "To the moon, Laura? (spoken by our fearless leader)

Originally posted by illini868891
Yup, we've been talking about this one for some time. I'm not sure, but I think the Bush camp and House Science committee may be lurking here and stealing some of our ideas. :p

I certainly hope so!

Here's an interesting article from the Huntsville Times regarding conceptual approaches for developing a cislunar infrastructure. Again, we hear echoes of Wernher von Braun.

From NASA Watch:

Progress on developing America's new space policy continues - and is moving quickly towards final review and a decision by the President. Given the proximity to the Kitty Hawk anniversary, it is now unlikely that it will be announced - at least in any detailed way - at this particular venue. It is now more likely that it will be rolled out early next year - perhaps (but not by definition) near or coincident with the State of the Union. Two things are certain: (1) the Bush Administration will announce this new space policy at a time and place of the its choosing without responding to pressure from external forces with preferences for one venue or another (2) this new space policy is substantive and worth the wait - and the White House is determined to announce it in a manner befitting its importance.

I choose to go to the Moon, and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because I want my grandkids to be able to visit there.

Ten Reasons to Put Humans Back on the Moon

"That sounds like some kind of science-fiction."
"We live in a spaceship, dear."
"...so?"
--Wash and Zoe, Firefly

Well, it doesn't look like W. said anything at his Kitty Hawk speech today. Let's see what happens with his State of the Union next month.

Back