• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

To replace 75/6400 Case and closures

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandman444

Reaction score
Well it is about time.

Last month I lost my favorite rocket, Size Matters, on a Level 3 Attempt at ROC on a Aerotech M650 WL.

The flight went extremely well and deployment of the recovery gear went flawlessly. After watching the rocket go over the road we were about 2miles east of the range when we lost sight of it, near the ground. The rocket is bright yellow and had a 12ft Neon Orange parachute.

Long story short, she's gone. With a landing site approximately 4-6miles away many search crews and many hours have been spent looking for the rocket. Signs have been posted around town at the gas station and general store. My name and number is on the rocket and my mentors name and number on the hardware. Nothing yet.

I need to replace the by June 7th and I am appealing to the crowd here to perhaps helping me in soften the blow a new set of hardware will cost.

I lost a lot of equipment in that rocket from the Brand New electronics, brand new recovery gear, and case, closures and seal disk.

I am looking for a 75mm rouse tech plugged forward closure, a 5grain 6400 case, and a aft closure. Retail this costs $550. There are no bones about it, I do not have that money right now.

In the next couple days I will be posting my rocket collection up for sale here till I receive the funds required to buy the hardware from someone here used, or until I have enough to buy retail.

Sad story huh?

Here's one of the last seen pictures.

View attachment 129266

Rest In One Piece lil buddy.
image-3540328186.jpg

If you or someone you know might have some parts of the hardware you would be willing to sell please let me know.

Also if you are searching the web and come across someone selling some red 75/6400 from California let me know! I try and keep my eye out for the loser that would try to sell this but many eyes are better than one! (Low serial number too ~#022)

Thanks

Bryce

Bryce
Is there a way for you to rent motor case and items form a dealer. Some have them to rent if you buy the reload from them.
gp

Contact Ken Allen. He may have a used set that he is willing to part with cheaper than retail.

Contact Ken Allen. He may have a used set that he is willing to part with cheaper than retail.

I second this, Ken has a large stock of used hardware that is not listed on his site. He has a complete 75/6400 new listed for 464$

Your next investment needs to be a tracker. It will pay for itself with one 'lost' rocket recovery. :wink:

Your next investment needs to be a tracker. It will pay for itself with one 'lost' rocket recovery. :wink:

You mean the two trackers that were sitting my car during the flight. (I have three but one is acting up).

A series of things had to go wrong for this to happen. When packing the recovery gear winds were 0 and in the next hour going through Level Three process. Things changed. I made a bad call going to launch with the same recovery setup. If someone had pointed it out I would have reefed the chute and threw a tracker in. Those two things alone would have saved this flight. I watched it fall till it was only about 100ft in the air and chased it down in the ATV. But after 3-4 hours of searching nothing. A number of groups went out in the weeks following to go and search, but they haven't found anything either. It was a dumb loss that never should have happened. I have learned, and I can not imagine it ever happening again.

I'm afraid it is in someone's living room and they are chopping it up to put it in their trash. I just don't know.

I second this, Ken has a large stock of used hardware that is not listed on his site. He has a complete 75/6400 new listed for 464$

I messages Ken this morning and he doesn't have any at the moment, but he has some new in stock. He has great prices but new is my last resort.

Did you have any tracking gear onboard?

JD

Well it is about time.

Last month I lost my favorite rocket, Size Matters, on a Level 3 Attempt at ROC on a Aerotech M650 WL.

The flight went extremely well and deployment of the recovery gear went flawlessly. After watching the rocket go over the road we were about 2miles east of the range when we lost sight of it, near the ground. The rocket is bright yellow and had a 12ft Neon Orange parachute.

Long story short, she's gone. With a landing site approximately 4-6miles away many search crews and many hours have been spent looking for the rocket. Signs have been posted around town at the gas station and general store. My name and number is on the rocket and my mentors name and number on the hardware. Nothing yet.

I need to replace the by June 7th and I am appealing to the crowd here to perhaps helping me in soften the blow a new set of hardware will cost.

I lost a lot of equipment in that rocket from the Brand New electronics, brand new recovery gear, and case, closures and seal disk.

I am looking for a 75mm rouse tech plugged forward closure, a 5grain 6400 case, and a aft closure. Retail this costs $550. There are no bones about it, I do not have that money right now.

In the next couple days I will be posting my rocket collection up for sale here till I receive the funds required to buy the hardware from someone here used, or until I have enough to buy retail.

Sad story huh?

Here's one of the last seen pictures.

View attachment 129266

Rest In One Piece lil buddy.
View attachment 129267

If you or someone you know might have some parts of the hardware you would be willing to sell please let me know.

Also if you are searching the web and come across someone selling some red 75/6400 from California let me know! I try and keep my eye out for the loser that would try to sell this but many eyes are better than one! (Low serial number too ~#022)

Thanks

Bryce

Back