TNT - Tripoli North Texas | Slidell TX | March 27, 2021

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnapRoll

Reaction score
Greetings to All!

Tripoli North Texas (TNT) is honored to invite one and all to our close, local launch site to the DFW Area at the Akroville Airport in Slidell. We are so privileged to have a launch location this convenient to the DFW metroplex, so please be mindful when attending that this airport is a private airport residence that is owned by a local couple.

Our Akroville wavier is a standing waiver to 7,000ft AGL, with call-in ability to 9,000 AGL. Akroville airport is clear of the DFW Class-B shelf, however there is a GPS-Based STAR (Standard Terminal Arrival Route) into DFW and DAL airports that is used when the DFW Metroplex is the north-wind or "north flow" operations that defines the scope of this wavier.

Flying begins at 9AM and runs until 5PM local time. We hope to have great weather and get in a lot of flying since the WX in Jan/Feb was a little hit and miss. When you enter the gate, drive straight ahead as it winds around, and then follow the signs for a left turn down to the launch site. Please don't continue straight to the hanger/home that is a private and off-limits location.

*** In addition, thanks to the generosity of Chris Bender from Lab Rat Rocketry, we are going to have some awesome door prizes! Lab Rat makes a variety of really cool products from Pull-Pin switches to 3-D printed goods. Check them out! ***

Please check out the TNT website for all the information that you could need regarding this event, at www.tripolinorthtexas.org, and if you have questions don't hesitate to reply to this thread. For easy navigation, you can put "Akroville Airport" into your Google Maps and it will navigate to directly to the main gate. Please note that only Google Maps has been consistently successful in getting people to the correct location, other map apps seem to have trouble at this location.

We look forward to having you!

Erick McDaniel
FAA Liaison - TNT Rocketry

I'm loaded up. Hopefully the pink rocket will fly. It's been waiting for one of it's fans to be there.

I'm also planning my usual trip to Babe's in Sanger -> everyone is welcome.

Hey guys good morning from Oakland, sorry I’ve been flying a few legs this morning and didn’t see this just until now. Yes! You guys nailed it, this is an issue where you have to be logged in in order to register. That way the website knows who’s registering. Thanks!

Tripoli North Texas was honored to have such lovely weather and a great launch at our Akroville location in Texas! We are so grateful to all of you that took the time to drive out and join us for the day. Please stay updated on our website or Facebook page regarding our launch in Seymour Texas for next month. To share with you, here is the activity for the day regarding this latest launch.

61 total flights

A 3
B 1
C 8
D 2
E 3
F 6
G 7
H 9
I 8
J 8
K 3
L 3

24 registered fliers.

Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Back