EVENT TNT - Tripoli North Texas | Seymour TX | Jan 30/31 2021

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good afternoon everyone :)

Just a reminder to re-visit your calendars regarding the TNT Seymour Launch in January of 2021. If you plan to attend, we kindly ask that you pre-register on the TNT website. A link to the website, and associated event calendar/registration page is just above towards the top of this thread. We look forward to having you join us.

Should I consider moving to the DFW area from Maine so that I can find a solace to pursue my experimental rocketry hobby? Heck, I'd be closer to Boca Chicago also.

Ralph,

Maine is beautiful.. and being a 1/2 Canadien guy I enjoy it up there from May-September, but I can see where the airspace architecture in the NE makes having waivers and launch sites tough(er.) Come on down, we'd love to have you in Texas! :)

Hello SnapRoll!
That's very kind of you and I am half compelled to make the move. But, I am somewhat committed to Maine for the time being. In a few more years I will be able to retire (weird thought) and can plan a journey with the 5th wheel to come to some events and even participate.

Ralph

Good evening - The following is a e-mail sent tonight to the TNT membership regarding the launch this weekend. I wanted to post it here in case anyone is not on the e-mail list and has the latest updates. Thanks! Please feel free to PM or e-mail me with any questions.
----------------

Good Evening Everyone,

I wanted to update you all on the Status of the launch this weekend... We are 100% go!

The wind looks pretty dicey on Saturday but much better on Sunday. We decided to continue with the launch as planned but will do our best to make corrections as necessary. For example, if the winds are lighter on Saturday morning, we will open the range early. If the winds die down in the afternoon, we will leave the range open later. If Sunday turns out to be a great day to fly we will leave the range open for the entire day rather than shutting down at noon.

If it becomes too windy to fly on Saturday, we can all go to Cache Creek and have a great day of fellowship. We have so many new members to meet and get to know, ones that have not already heard the same old stories that always get told, and we can cook and have cocktails together as a group.

Matt, has a 400 yard rifle range setup and is open to all manner of guns that you would like to bring and shoot. There are grills, fryers and a big new griddle to cook on and I know Keri has already started baking treats for us. I put in a special request for caramel brownies.... so lets give it a chance and maybe the weather gods will reward our efforts!!!.

I understand that the wind may dissuade some of you from coming and, if that is the case, then just let me know and I will gladly roll your launch fees over to the February launch.

I have never had a bad time hanging out with our club regardless of the weather. Bring food and beverages and we will have a great time regardless of what the wind throw our way...

Lets Just Do It...

See you this weekend !!!

Ray

Well we made the long trip from Houston to Seymour and it was a good time. Granted the wind was off the scale. We drove into town Saturday and it was just like the old west, blowing sand and tumble weeds going everywhere. But come the evening it clear up and the wind laid down and it was nice. Lots of good food, rocket talk, star gazing and moon watching. Sunday the wind calmed a little bit and we did get some good flights so it was all good.

Thanks for the great hospitality TNT :goodjob:

A very big thank you to everyone, who despite the weather, made the trip to Seymour and had a great time with us. The camaraderie over the weekend with everyone was world class, and TNT is so grateful to everyone who made the journey out to the field. We are looking forward to next month! I will get a thread started today, discussing and planning together for the next Seymour TX launch that will be the last weekend of February.

Hey Bud- I appreciate it, I was really grateful to get her back all in one piece. GPS Tracking saves the day. I learned a pretty solid lesson regarding the use of CO2 ejection and I'm going to make a post on the thread that I started for it sometime soon. Long story short, just because you aren't using BP, doesn't mean you can get away without sealing your wire leads through the bulkhead. As John Woody so correctly diagnosed, the blow-back caused a pressurization in the avionics bay that made the Altimeters believe they were charging the ground.

Last edited:
You photoshopped out distracting details like the launch pad?

Me, I prefer the unedited variety of pics. This one is beautiful, no doubt, but its also unreal. Sorry, just my take.

Could you post the original?

Brad

Back