EVENT TNT - Tripoli North Texas | Seymour TX | Jan 30/31 2021

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnapRoll

Reaction score
Tripoli North Texas (TNT) is honored to invite one and all to our beautiful Seymour TX launch site for a two-day weekend event on Jan 30/31, 2021. Say "see ya!" to 2020 and help us bring in a new year with a launch at the beginning of the year. Saturday will be an all-day launch, Sunday morning will be a 1/2 day morning launch followed by teardown and cleanup, with the afternoon/evening to travel home. Seymour is located to the Southwest of Wichita Falls TX, and our launch site is wide open and clear in all directions for as far as the eye can see. Our current waiver is to 16,300AGL.

Please visit our website @ www.tripolinorthtexas.org/seymour for all the information regarding this launch.
Updates and additional information on our Facebook site @ https://www.facebook.com/tripolinorthtexas

If you are traveling in and need a hotel, take a look at the HH Creek Inn @ https://www.hhcreekinn.com

Our club is here to welcome you. Please contact any of the TNT Officers at anytime with questions or concerns, or ways that we can make this a better experience for you.

Last edited:
Booked my room Eric!

Should be an epic launch ... weather depending of course

Really glad that you can come John! I’m looking forward to you seeing if I can make CO2 behave as well as you did at Akroville 🙂

Eric if you have any questions on the new Tender Eagle System I'll be more than happy to answer.
I'll also add ... Thank You for serving our fine TNT group efforts with your time and help sir.
BTW ... signed my wife Eva up as she plans to cert L2 at the launch with a LOC 54 Goblin she is building.

Eric, looking forward to flying at Seymour again! It is truly a great launch site, and I am blessed to live so close. See you guys at the end of Jan.

We are super happy and honored to have you. The Seymour site will be the place of great things to come in the future ;)

Eric if you have any questions on the new Tender Eagle System I'll be more than happy to answer.
I'll also add ... Thank You for serving our fine TNT group efforts with your time and help sir.
BTW ... signed my wife Eva up as she plans to cert L2 at the launch with a LOC 54 Goblin she is building.

Thanks John! We are really looking forward to her L2 flight 🙂

So far the Double E makes a lot of sense and I like how it works. Cameron is the man. The tough part, so far, is finding the real estate to pack it all in. After enough beer, I’m sure I’ll figure it out. 😂

If flying in from out of state, what's the closest airport?

Hey Bruce. Our group is excited that you’d want to do that, thanks! The closest airport with regional service would be Witchita Falls. Envoy/AA Eagle at least prior to COVID ran a E135 out there from DFW, so you’d connect through DFW. Seymour is probably 30-40 minutes from Wichita Falls. If you flew into DFW and got a car there, it’s 2-2.5 hours over to Seymour.

If you’re flying your own personal aircraft, Seymour has a fantastic local airport, ID is 60F... 4,000 foot runway with an RNAV to 17. If you fly into 60F our club members will help pick you up and get you over to the launch site which is only about 10-15 minutes out.

Feel free to PM with me if TNT can do anything to accommodate you.

Will there be door prizes?

You know what, yes, yes there will be! I’m not sure I can make it, but if someone organizing this launch from TNT will message me where to mail a door prize I’ll donate one for the launch. I appreciate the efforts folks put in finding these fields, so I at least have a chance to fly if I get a rare weekend open.

You know what, yes, yes there will be! I’m not sure I can make it, but if someone organizing this launch from TNT will message me where to mail a door prize I’ll donate one for the launch. I appreciate the efforts folks put in finding these fields, so I at least have a chance to fly if I get a rare weekend open.

Chris, TNT is honored to support you. You being local is so cool! Let’s get Xmas behind us tomorrow and I’ll send you a text. We’re grateful that you’d even consider supporting us.

Eric, looking forward to flying at Seymour again! It is truly a great launch site, and I am blessed to live so close. See you guys at the end of Jan.
Me Too! Retta and I are pretty stoked about coming out! We missed the last one (had a job going I couldn't depart from) but we ain't (weather allowing) gonna miss this one. Bringing our camper and assorted pieces of mayhem.
See you folks soon!
Pat G

Just registered, don't know why I didn't do it sooner. Planning first flight on my Bruiser EXP!!

After scoring zero on the Newton tally for 2020 thanks to covid, work, and relocating back to the great state of Texas, I'm looking forward to checking out what TNT has to offer.

We can’t wait to have a great time with y’all. Duster, you got Jester all fixed up after the L motor Akroville flight? Was happy to help you with the hike!

After scoring zero on the Newton tally for 2020 thanks to covid, work, and relocating back to the great state of Texas, I'm looking forward to checking out what TNT has to offer.

Looks like you’re sitting in an RV-6... if you plan to fly up, let me know and I’ll swing by 60F and pick you up. 🙂👍🏻

Correct! That was a buddy's RV6 based at Hicks. I'm currently wingless, though I did have a Mooney a few years ago. Too many kids and dogs now and can't afford the Baron that it would take to haul them all.

I'll plan on driving out in the truck.

Correct! That was a buddy's RV6 based at Hicks. I'm currently wingless, though I did have a Mooney a few years ago. Too many kids and dogs now and can't afford the Baron that it would take to haul them all.

I'll plan on driving out in the truck.

I hear ya, all it takes is money. I live at an Airpark not far from Hicks (Hillcrest- 7TX4).. between being a pilot and an Aggie (my wide is an Aggie Lawyer) you are more than welcome to stay at my place Thursday night which is only 2-2.5 hours from Seymour if you want to stage the night before.

I hear ya, all it takes is money. I live at an Airpark not far from Hicks (Hillcrest- 7TX4).. between being a pilot and an Aggie (my wide is an Aggie Lawyer) you are more than welcome to stay at my place Thursday night which is only 2-2.5 hours from Seymour if you want to stage the night before.
Thanks for the offer! I'm in Southlake, so you'd only save me about 15 minutes driving. ;)

But I'm always up for checking out planes and if you ever need ballast, just let me know...

Thanks for the offer! I'm in Southlake, so you'd only save me about 15 minutes driving. ;)

But I'm always up for checking out planes and if you ever need ballast, just let me know...

Dude you’re beer drinking distance..!

Hey manixFan, Super SWEET pic!!! Gonna print and hang it on the wall. Thanks

Back