TMRK Pegasus Finished

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpower

Reaction score
This was a kit I saw years ago, and really interested me. It's scale, it's currently flying, and the satellite launch concept is just cool. https://www.orbital.com/SpaceLaunch/Pegasus/

I purchased this from lawndartman in the yard sale here a while back (thanks!). True Modelers Rocket Kits https://tmrk.rocketshoppe.com makes some really nice scale kits - if you're a scale fan, check them out. The instructions are fantastic, and made for an enjoyable build. The built-up wing, fins, and tail made it more interesting than a typical build.

Has anyone here launched one of these? The instructions recommend 3 x D12-3 for the first flight, but my sims say a 3 x D12-5 is better, with a coast time of about 4.8s. This is a 2.6 inch, 18 oz bird.

TmrkPegasus1-1024.JPG

TmrkPegasus2-1024.JPG

Nice job!

I have one, and have flown it; the recommended motors work well.

-Kevin

Looks great! I have one in the closet and am thinking about making it my next build. I have thought about modifying it to 29 mm but the cluster also sound nice.

Sweet looking rocket...don't forget launch pics!!:)

I think this would make a nice upscale

I love the looks of that kit and think you did a great job!

I tried sending them an email a month or so ago, since the site says last updated 2009, and never got a reply. Does anyone have any info on them? Are they still doing business?

Awesome build Paul ,you did a very nice job on it !!

I still have mine in the box ,bought many years ago ,probably should build it some day.

Cheers

Paul t

I tried sending them an email a month or so ago, since the site says last updated 2009, and never got a reply. Does anyone have any info on them? Are they still doing business?

I purchased a Pegasus, Juno I/Jupiter C, and Scout from them this past summer. At that time, I believe they still had a Pegasus and they were kitting more Juno I/Jupiter C's. They make some fantastic kits! Now, if I can just find an Aries Fat Albert...

Cheers,
Michael

I got mine maybe a year ago; as I recall, the purveyor isn't always able to respond right away. I'm surprised you haven't received a response at all. It's possible the email got lost; you might try again.

-Kevin

Thanks! Did you get hold of TMRK yet? If not, contact Scott over at YORF.

Brent said:
Looks great! I have one in the closet and am thinking about making it my next build. I have thought about modifying it to 29 mm but the cluster also sound nice.
I had thought about that too, I think it would fly real nice on F composites, though decided I like clusters even more. :) TMRK will provide a 29mm mount, I had asked them about that a year or so ago.

Awesome build Paul ,you did a very nice job on it !!

I still have mine in the box ,bought many years ago ,probably should build it some day.

Cheers

Paul t
No rush Paul, it's good to keep a few of 'em for retirement!

This has been on my list of "Wants" for a while now. Gorgeous rocket!

g-train

Back