TLP Gabriel III/AS Fins And Build Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hold on there Mister ! You're making a modification to use LESS NOSE WEIGHT !?!!?! In the words of Chief O'Hara: "Saints preserve us!" :wink:

(Seriously, nice job building for the field using new knowledge.)

I know right!
Thanks.
I found a Nose Cone from one of my other BT-80 Birds that is just the right weight, and though it is a different Profile, it will work, and looks cool too!

GabrielIIIWNewCone 001.jpg

Now I just need to make up a new Shock Cord from Kevlar to replace the messy hybrid of Elastic and Kevlar that my innexperienced self had installed previously.
I expect to fly her within the next month-ish, depending on weather ofcourse.
She'll weigh about one ounce more than my Martel.

Just went through this build thread... (very nice)

Did you ever fly the Gabriel?

Just went through this build thread... (very nice)

Did you ever fly the Gabriel?

Thanks.

No, I did'nt fly it yet because my Field is just barely big enough for low slow E20 Flights when it comes to Rockets with Parachutes.
This modification will allow me to put her up on an E20-4 on a windless day.
I always come back to a Thread with a Video once whatever Rocket I'm talking about finally flies, just to rub peoples noses in it.
Which people? The ones that accuse me of overbuilding or risking instability due to non Stock built TLP Kit.

Last edited:
Not to mention, there are lots of TLP Build Threads or TLP Threads in general, but I seem to be the only one that post Video of them actually Launching. So far you've all seen my Tan-Sam and my Martel, so now it is time to get Video of this heavily modified TLP Kit, then the Indigo.

I've gone to Youtube, and can't find TLP Launches there either.:confused:
After that I will have launched every TLP Kit except for my ALARM, which is an Embarrasement to me, and the only thing I might ever stick in its Motor Mount is a Roman Candle.
I can't justify buying TLP Kits anymore, as I can scratch build any of them now. I only ended up usually using the BT and NC anyway.

Last edited:
Yay! My Thread has over 10,000 Views!!!:)
Now if the Weather would only get nice so I could go fly the darned thing!!!:yawn:

Had to scrub another launch attempt this morning.:(
I don't dare fly on a breezy day.
Don't worry, she will fly eventually.

Flight video?

Still have not flown it yet.
Life started getting in the way sometime shortly after my last post in this thread.:(

This one probably won't fly unless I get the whole "Life Issues" thing straightened out.
I do have a launch planned for my TLP Indigo though, and that is all set to go as soon as the weather is proper, and I can borrow my Mom's camera for the video. Also need my Son for the launch crew, but hoping to make that all happen in the next couple of weeks.

Back