Titebond

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

les

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Is the Titebond "Quick and Thick" the new "No-Run No-Drip" that replaced the "Molding and Trim" glue?

It is as far as I know. I use it for external fillets, and it hasn't run.

They all seem to share the same Cat. no #2403 for the 8oz bottle. Just used some a few minutes ago for the second pass on fillets for a Madcow Cowabunga 4" (TMTG that is).

I just used a new bottle for the first time yesterday and as far as I can tell it is the same stuff.

I don't know why titebond can't just pick a name and stick with it. I do think "Quick and Thick" is catchy, maybe it'll stick (see what I did there)

I just used a new bottle for the first time yesterday and as far as I can tell it is the same stuff.

I don't know why titebond can't just pick a name and stick with it. I do think "Quick and Thick" is catchy, maybe it'll stick (see what I did there)

:facepalm:

Back on topic, I posted this in the "What have you done today" thread:

Here are the product pages:
No Run No Drip: https://www.titebond.com/product.aspx?id=a1e18a48-c721-4b0b-8f63-259c477919e0
Quck and Thick: https://www.titebond.com/product.aspx?id=d1b48beb-7d60-4ce7-b57b-6bf19351778b

If you look at the Physical Properties and Application Guidelines for each, you'll find they are *identical* with the exception of color. And Titebond claims NRND is beige, which does not agree with my bottle (it's white, same as the Quick and Thick). I haven't yet been able to verify if Quick and Thick dries more transparently; I suppose that's possible.

And so, while they give different *descriptions* for the two glues, I'm not seeing any objective documentation that they're any different. Same catalog number lends further credence to their being the same. And in my hands-on they sure seem the same as well.

Back