Titebond Molding & Trim Glue

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pippen

Reaction score
I had a kiddo doing a rocket that needed glue fillets in a really tight spot and remembered someone mentioning Titebond Molding & Trim glue as glue that stayed put and didn't bubble so I bought some at Lowe's. I had two kids still building by that time and they both ditched the regular wood glue immediately once they'd tried this because it made tasks so much easier and neater. It's a thicker, drier formula so when they attached a part like a launch lug, it stayed put instead of shifting around. No bubbles so glue fillets were continual the first time. No glue running all over the place when swiping a finger along the fin joint. The only downside we've found so far is that we transfer glue into small bottles with a narrow nozzle and the nozzle needs to be cleaned out if it's sat overnight because it does dry up and form a plug.

The label says strong initial tack--fast set, ideal for finish & trim carpentry, dries clear--no run, no-drip, sandable.

I definitely wouln't recommend this for places where you need leeway like putting in an engine mount but for some applications--and for the glue challenged--this is seriously good stuff.

Thanks to whoever first mentioned it over at TRF 1! :)

Yep, it's great stuff alright... I started using it the same way you mentioned, from a post on here or one of the other forums. It's like wood or white glue without the drawbacks! Makes REALLY nice fillets.

I find I can fillet with it straight out the bottle on most kits, though you need a smaller applicator on some stuff to get into tight spaces. It DOES form "glue boogers" in the tip and you have to clean the bottle tip well before use or you can get some thickened globs in the fillet. It really goes on nicely though and stays put-- no more having to ensure the rocket stays perfectly level after filleting or ending up with a huge dried drop of glue at one end of the fillet or the other. It won't run downhill and "pool" at one end of the fillet or the other like white or yellow glue.

This product is a winner! OL JR :)

You're welcome! :D

Not sure I was first, but I did do a fairly hefty post on it with pics and comparisons to wood glue when I "discovered" it. It is great stuff.

My recent experiences with this stuff pretty much agree with what the others have said.

Excellent fillets, glue boogers in the fillets if the nozzle isn't clean, excellent fillets, doesn't run, excellent fillets, dries clear, and did I mention excellent fillets? This stuff is so good I don't bother putting it away when I'm done with the current kit because I know I'm going to be using it on the next kit in the build queue.

I use it all the time. It's great for attaching fins as well.

Cool. Titebond use to make this glue called Whipped glue. It was a yellow glue with all the same properties of this trim adheasive. Then it disappeared from the market and I could never find anything like it.

Going to head out to Ace/lowes/home depot to see if I can find any:D

These Lee Valley accordion bottles are awesome for dispensing glue. They have caps for sealing, and I use one of the bottles to squirt water thru the tips to clean them when done.

ScreenHunter_43.jpg

Can anybody tell me where I can find the Titebond molding glue? I have looked at 2 Lowes, 2 HomeDepot, Ace, woodcraft, and Walmart... getting a little frustrated, but really don't feel like ordering it online, where it seems to be easily found.

Thx

Can anybody tell me where I can find the Titebond molding glue? I have looked at 2 Lowes, 2 HomeDepot, Ace, woodcraft, and Walmart... getting a little frustrated, but really don't feel like ordering it online, where it seems to be easily found.

Thx

I had the same problem. I finally just ordered some on ebay! Had in my hands a couple of days later.

Jerome :)

These Lee Valley accordion bottles are awesome for dispensing glue. They have caps for sealing, and I use one of the bottles to squirt water thru the tips to clean them when done.

They don't work with the No-Run No-Drip glue. This glue is too viscous, even with the largest needle pops out when trying to force it out, making a huge mess. They work well with regular yellow glue though.

As it turns out (as many of you probably already know) it's no longer called Molding and Finishing Glue, but No-Run No-Drip. OF course most of the stores still might not have it, but at least I know what I'm looking for. :bang:

The only place I have found it lately is my local Ace.

Locally I've found it at:
Acme Tool
Woodcraft
Rockler
Menard's
Scherer Bros Lumber

Pretty sure I've seen it at big orange and big blue too, didn't pay attention the last couple of times I've been there (which last night!)

I checked at a small local hardware store...I think it might have been Ace and they didn't carry. I had a bottle of it before they changed the name and it went bad after about a year or two I think? Not sure on the exact time though. I wonder if they changed the formula when they changed the name. Probably not.

Last time I looked for it, I discovered the name had changed, but the part number had remained the same.

Jerome

I broke down an ordered a bottle from ebay as I couldn't find it in a limited local search. I used it for the first time last night to clean up a fillet between two tube fins (since it is kind of a think fillet the titebond II contracted so much it left gaps). I just made a second fillet overtop and my impression is:

Holy crap this stuff is awesome!

Thanks to all the TRFers who have been raveing about this product in myriad threads, I finally broke down and got a wood glue just for fillets, and I am happy I did. Like papering fins, this is a permanent change in my building after only one use.

I broke down an ordered a bottle from ebay as I couldn't find it in a limited local search. I used it for the first time last night to clean up a fillet between two tube fins (since it is kind of a think fillet the titebond II contracted so much it left gaps). I just made a second fillet overtop and my impression is:

Holy crap this stuff is awesome!

Thanks to all the TRFers who have been raveing about this product in myriad threads, I finally broke down and got a wood glue just for fillets, and I am happy I did. Like papering fins, this is a permanent change in my building after only one use.

Told you... (My 8 year old daughter HATES it when I do that! LOL:))

Glad it's working well for you...

Later! OL JR :)

I checked at a small local hardware store...I think it might have been Ace and they didn't carry. I had a bottle of it before they changed the name and it went bad after about a year or two I think? Not sure on the exact time though. I wonder if they changed the formula when they changed the name. Probably not.
Amazon has lots of options. Less than $4 (including shipping)an eight ounce bottle IF you get twelve bottles.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...s=titebond+no+run&sprefix=Titebond+no,aps,401

Just got and started using my first Bottle of this from Amazon today. I'm going to be buying more, as it is everything it's cracked up to be!
Using it to finish off the Fillets on my LOC Viper III.
I did the Fins with Epoxy, then started to do Fillets with TBII, but that was no good, so I did a couple with TBIII, and did'nt like that exactly either. Then I did one with JB Weld, and realized that it would be a PITA to do any more of them that way, and a waste of JB Weld.
Today I was able to go over the whole thing with the TB Molding and Trim, and they are drying great.

Just got and started using my first Bottle of this from Amazon today. I'm going to be buying more, as it is everything it's cracked up to be!
Using it to finish off the Fillets on my LOC Viper III.
I did the Fins with Epoxy, then started to do Fillets with TBII, but that was no good, so I did a couple with TBIII, and did'nt like that exactly either. Then I did one with JB Weld, and realized that it would be a PITA to do any more of them that way, and a waste of JB Weld.
Today I was able to go over the whole thing with the TB Molding and Trim, and they are drying great.

Yep... best stuff I've found... :)

TBII and III are just ordinary wood glues, with *slightly* different properties... TMTG is a totally different animal... behaves very differently and works just great for fillets... tailor made to the application if you ask me.

Later! OL JR :)

I've been using it for several years now, thanks to a tip I got on this forum. I can't find it locally anymore, so I recently ordered two bottles from Amazon. It's never gone bad on me, neither the original nor the new name stuff.

I still see this product (now called "No Drip" something-or-other) at my local Menards. I believe that Lowes in my area stopped carrying it. It is indeed da bomb for fillets.

I've been using it for several years now, thanks to a tip I got on this forum. I can't find it locally anymore, so I recently ordered two bottles from Amazon. It's never gone bad on me, neither the original nor the new name stuff.

I am resorting to Amazon too (in DC area). I left my last bottle open for a day or two and it got real thick. I had to leave it upside down and get it out with a chopstick. Still works for fillets and filling gaps, but the application is a tad messier. That was a year ago and I have almost used it up.

I found mine at a store called Woodcrafters, which I think is a national franchise. They had other good hobby adhesives there too, like a wide variety of CA glue in different viscosities. Unfortunately, they just closed locally.

I found mine at a store called Woodcrafters, which I think is a national franchise. They had other good hobby adhesives there too, like a wide variety of CA glue in different viscosities. Unfortunately, they just closed locally.

There is actually one nearby here. It's location is such that Amazon is still a better choice for me. However, that's good to know in the event of a glue emergency :)

What's the shelf life on this stuff? I remember I had a bottle and after a year or so (just guessing) could less than a year it went bad...it became very thick and hard to use. Is this normal or did I just happen to maybe buy a bottle that was old or sat on the shelf too long?? When I did use the product for final fillets it worked really well, but since then haven't bought any

Back