Titan III E 6/7 Scale 1/54

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to suggest cutting down a larger tube to fit a 29mm motor. Add a wrap of cardstock or a wrap of fiberglass/epoxy to strengthen it. You could pull it off on that motor range.
A good option if there was no other way but I took the easy way out and ordered the 29mm tubes. It was hard enough to glue it all together without having a lateral splice down the length of the motor tube to deal with on the centering rings.

Added the connection details between the SRBs and the center core, added the lower separation motors and wrap above the nozzles and the conduits on the SRBs. The finished model weighs in at 469 grams (16.54oz) and stands 38.25” tall with the fin tubes in place. Chute will add another 38 to 45 grams depending on which size I go with. I’m thinking larger as the model is pretty heavy. Flight options on hand 29mm E16-4 or an Aerotech F44-46DC64919-9100-4261-954D-0C2BF73D2FF5.jpeg

Launched the model July 14th Wind at 11km from the north, smoky conditions. Pad ready lift off weight 615gm with a 33" chute and 27 gm nose cone weight added.
First launch with an Aerotech E30-4T. Angled slightly into the wind and reached an estimated altitude of 200'. Chute deployed and landed without damage.
Second launch with an Aerotech F44-4W. Arched over badly and did not gain much altitude. On heading for the ground the ejection charge separated the chute shock cord from the main air frame and only the nose cone came down on the chute. The main frame landed on it side and sustained damage to the lower end of one of the SRBs. The nose cone bulkhead was partially unglued. where the shock cord was anchored.
I have not entered this build in OR yet but will have to before I fly this one again. Don't know why it flew ok on the E30 but not on the more powerful F44 motor.
View attachment E30-4T A.mp4
View attachment F44-4W Flight.mp4IMG_2104.JPGIMG_4652.JPGIMG_4405.JPG

Back