Tiny Android phone could be good for Insane Rocketry app

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Small, light and cheap Android phone, could be fantastic for using with the Insane Rocketry app: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jellyphone/jelly-the-smallest-4g-smartphone.

That's hilarious- Tiny was the goal all through the '90s, and then we discovered that you can browse the internet on your device, and screens have gotten progressively (and, in many cases, ridiculously) larger. My work phone is a 6s, and if it were any bigger, I wouldn't use it as a phone. I feel like I'm talking into a cafeteria tray.

That's hilarious- Tiny was the goal all through the '90s, and then we discovered that you can browse the internet on your device, and screens have gotten progressively (and, in many cases, ridiculously) larger. My work phone is a 6s, and if it were any bigger, I wouldn't use it as a phone. I feel like I'm talking into a cafeteria tray.

I generally agree, but people love their big-a$$ phones.

There haven't really been many (any?) decent small phones recently, so this one struck me as unusually well suited to shoving into a payload section.

I generally agree, but people love their big-a$$ phones.

There haven't really been many (any?) decent small phones recently, so this one struck me as unusually well suited to shoving into a payload section.

I hadn't heard of that App you mentioned, and looking it up now, seems pretty cool- too bad Apple pulled it (they also pulled that one called "Send me to Heaven" that recorded how far you could toss it in the air...apparently the average (willing) apple user is not the brightest (present company on TRF excluded)). I'd love to stick my corporate phone in my Adventurer 3 on an L to see what it can do (I of course have regular flight computers, but I'd love to tell IT that I lost it "at 15,000 feet").

Back