Time to be approved after submitting paperwork for level 1.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Back_at_it

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Flew for my Level 1 back on 11/14 and submitted the finished paperwork on the NAR site that evening. Haven't heard anything from NAR.

How long did it take you guys to get "approved" and get your new card ?

Assuming you filled this out then you are getting close the end of the 60 day window. I'd ping Todd Schweim, the Membership Chair.

1672781283391.png

Flew for my Level 1 back on 11/14 and submitted the finished paperwork on the NAR site that evening. Haven't heard anything from NAR.

How long did it take you guys to get "approved" and get your new card ?
It can take a couple of months, from my experience

You can also log into the NAR site, and see your 'cert level'. From what I understand, that is used by some feilds / organizations to validate your cert level instead of relying on your card.

the cards can take months to arrive (they print them in batches, so you are likely waiting for their next 'print run' )

You can also log into the NAR site, and see your 'cert level'. From what I understand, that is used by some feilds / organizations to validate your cert level instead of relying on your card.

the cards can take months to arrive (they print them in batches, so you are likely waiting for their next 'print run' )

I checked the website for my current status and it says no high power certification.

I need to check in with them tomorrow and see if there’s a status update. I don’t really need to buy any motors for at least a couple of more months because I doubt we’re gonna fly before April so I have time.

From my recent experience as a certifier, recently it’s been taking as long as 3-4 weeks to get the email from NAR asking to verify my signature. You should be copied that email. Try contacting NAR HQ directly.

For whatever reason, the NAR process has defied streamlining. It seems to work itself out in the end.

The other thing to remember her, is that you spanned December. Many people "think" that December has 31 days, but it really has only 2 weeks. that is: 2 weeks to get "work" things done. The other two are Christmas, turkey coma, New year's hangover, etc..

so, you likely got onto the "to update" pile, but 'they' were trying to close out the year, and finish off other priorities before the Christmas break.

Back