Quantcast

Time and Avitar Questions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

11bravo

Reaction score
First, the time-
I notice that the server time is about 15 minutes ahead of my time. Not that its any big deal really, but its driving me nuts!:eek:
The time on my computer is correct. Just curious if there is a reason. If there is and its a cool reason, I may start using it in my personal life.:rolleyes:
Second-
For the life of me, I cannot find any referance as to how large(small)/what size an avatar needs to/can be. Do they need to be like 50x50 pixels or 60x60, or something or will they be resized automatically upon submission?
Sorry for all of the questions,
and thanks for all the help-

Greg

Mike

Reaction score
Yep time is often out...just the server is always a bit eager to add the next minute on!

Avatars need to be 50x50 pixels and you've got to sort that out before you upload it.

HTH

Milo

TRF BoD Member
Reaction score
I have never figured out why the server adds time... I have tried several things using the built in time keeper... which basically goes out and pings a time server. But for some reason this doesn't work. I have to reset the server occasionally and currently my lazy butt just hasn't donw it. :)

For avatars... go to profile | options and click the Change Avatar button. The size is listed there.

11bravo

Reaction score
Guess I just didn't go far enough on the avitar thing.
I searched around previous posts and the faq, but didn't try the "change avitar" thing since I don't have one ready yet.
What are you using to check time over the internet?
WinXP Home and Pro both have a utility to check time and reset it if it is off.
I use NISTIME32 available from-
http://www.boulder.nist.gov/timefreq/service/its.htm

Again, not a big deal, just one of those things that makes you go hhhmmm.

Have a good evening, :)
Greg