ThunderStruck Drag Races ......who's in what, sign in here.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John, we can't thank-you enough for making the trek up here! There are MANY more we would like to have show up too but, that day will come......

REALLY looking forward to the Monster Spool on an "O"!:wave: I like your way of "out of box thinking".......I'm still trying to find my way out of the box.:confused:

Mr. Jim, Put me down for the Big Boy M skid, Planning on launching 8" Wasserfall on M1790SK - came right down to the last few days to finish but think it shall be ready, also built two rockets that I am going to try my luck with for the Mach Madness contest, I can launch a 54 mm in the SkyPyrate drag race but my smallest rockets in this size are 5 and/or 6 grains.

Does anyone have a day and/or time for the Big By M skid drag race yet?

Photos of Wasserfall and Mach madness rockets
WASS3.jpg MM9.jpg

Last edited:
Mr. Jim, Put me down for the Big Boy M skid, Planning on launching 8" Wasserfall on M1790SK - came right down to the last few days to finish but think it shall be ready, also built two rockets that I am going to try my luck with for the Mach Madness contest, I can launch a 54 mm in the SkyPyrate drag race but my smallest rockets in this size are 5 and/or 6 grains.

Does anyone have a day and/or time for the Big By M skid drag race yet?

Photos of Wasserfall and Mach madness rockets
View attachment 124467 View attachment 124468

Those look great!

Looks awesome John. Cant wait to see them. As far as the Pirate drag, I don't think anyone will mind if you use bigger motors. Besides, you are the one that's going to have to go recover it (I will be right with you on that one, I am flying a 6 grain L motor). How much weight do you have in the nose of that Wasserfall? It looks awesome!!

Back