ThunderStruck Drag Races ......who's in what, sign in here.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackjack2564

Crazy Jim's Gone Banana's
Reaction score
There are too many threads all over the place about different drag races. I can't keep up with who's in what & where.... or even why?:rolleyes:

I'm taking it upon myself to try and "kinda" organize this stuff & put them all in one place for entrants and updates. There's something for everyone in all 4 of these World Class.... Groundshaking... wheel standing.....fire breathing...Sunday....Sunday .....Motor City... ooopps wrong event.

Free trophies
Free motor cases & closures
Cheap M reloads [25% off]
Free 'grog & vinyl'
Bragging rights

How can you go wrong? [easy, don't participate]

So help me out here guys.
So sound off, roll call please.
Post here and I will add you to the correct list.

1. Big Boy M+ Skid drag race. on 6in to 8in size airframes. [25% off M skids from Wildman]

Crazy Jim
Jim Scarpine
Tim Dixon
Jason Griffin
Tim Lehr
John Clifton

2. Kentucky Wildman Gizmo or Jart on K-2040 V-max [Load case & closure for 135 bucks, now there's some FREE stuff!]

Kentucky Wildman
Crazy Jim
Jason
Tim Lehr
Steve

3. 1st SkyPyrate Drag race [warm up for other stuff] 54 minimums on 2-3 grain what evers. Don't want to spend all day out looking for them. [Skull stickers & grog for entrants. ]
Mike...me and Jason get an extra grain...you know why, ya black hearted, back stab'n bilge rat!@#$#! arrrggg.

Capt.Crazy........ Jim
Peg Leg Barstool Mike
One eyed Jason G.
Tim Mad Dog Dixon [we'll let ANYone play]
Tim Blackbeard Lehr [who da thunk?]
Swashbuckler Steve
Larry Terneus................scratched/not coming

4 Mach-Madness [ Pretty trophies]I ain't in this one, & clueless as to who is??? But I will take a guess on one....

Manny
Barstool Mike
Jason
Tim Dixon
Tim Lehr

Last edited:
Arg ya scurvy dog Crazy Jim, I'm in the Pyrate drag race, even if I can't trust ye other pyrates to play fair.
Plus Mach Madness if I get it built in time. Dedicating time to finishing our Full Scale Patriot comes first.

Mike

Put me down for the entire lot!! Will be four races I'll be in for Arrrr!

If you'll make an exception for the Pirate drag race (and why wouldn't you pirates cheat) I'll fly my near min dia Bleeding Edge. As stated already in Big Skid race if held no later than noon on Sat. Also in Mach Madness (although build is going slower than expected).

even if I can't trust ye other pyrates to play fair
Mike

Aye...me thinks trust to be a blood soaked ,rusty blade!

Put me down for the entire lot!! Will be four races I'll be in for Arrrr!

Arr...4 races... 4 "aces", if ya be lucky!

If you'll make an exception for the Pirate drag race (and why wouldn't you pirates cheat) I'll fly my near min dia Bleeding Edge. As stated already in Big Skid race if held no later than noon on Sat. Also in Mach Madness (although build is going slower than expected).

Acceptation granted!
' most 'll be plunder'n the seven seas, we be a plunder'n the 8th! we be the skypyrates!:dark:

Talked to Wildman, he's in all.....even decide to come over to the darkside and go "SkyPyrate" on us!

JART on that K... Too bad I don't have it set up for dual deploy, or I'd be in..

I be in fer 2! Me thinks the Jart drag race and sky pyr'tn be more fun then walk'n the plank.

JART on that K... Too bad I don't have it set up for dual deploy, or I'd be in..

So 'thar matie.....be this meaningless dr'bble, ...... arr 'ye be fly'n? None be DD...'lest ye be a lilly livered bilge rat! Stick yar daily ration of Grog in it & let one of yar wenches sniff it out far ya! What say ye 'thar?
IN or OUT? Watch'n or Win'n?

I be in fer 2! Me thinks the Jart drag race and sky pyr'tn be more fun then walk'n the plank.

So says ye...it shall be 'ritten!

I am just doing Mach Madness, and mad I am! I hope I can even get a rocket built in time! I haven't even started on my rocket yet......

I was going to do the big skid drag race buuuuuttttt........I don't think my rocket would pass by RSO anymore....

carnage.jpg

Sure it could Manny, just put the pieces in your pockets & reassemble it at the pad.:y:

Mike

I am just doing Mach Madness, and mad I am! I hope I can even get a rocket built in time! I haven't even started on my rocket yet......

I was going to do the big skid drag race buuuuuttttt........I don't think my rocket would pass by RSO anymore....

Manny you could rebuild that in time for TS ,it looks like there is one good body tube and a set of fins, your halfway there.
P.S. Jackie made a really good diner for us on Saturday you missed out on.

Manny you could rebuild that in time for TS ,it looks like there is one good body tube and a set of fins, your halfway there.
P.S. Jackie made a really good diner for us on Saturday you missed out on.

The upper body tube has a really big crack in it, so it is pretty much unusable. I do have the Ultimate Blackstar, but there is no way that I could finish that before Thundah-Chicken, too much homework.

I wish I could have been there, but I had a woman to tend to ;)

Are we still doing mini-Midwest Power again this year?

Sure it could Manny, just put the pieces in your pockets & reassemble it at the pad.:y:

Mike

Don't say that !!! Manny already spends 1/2 hour at the pad with a fully assembled, fully prepped rocket... :tongue:

What was the cause of your motor problem there Manny ???

D

So 'thar matie.....be this meaningless dr'bble, ...... arr 'ye be fly'n? None be DD...'lest ye be a lilly livered bilge rat! Stick yar daily ration of Grog in it & let one of yar wenches sniff it out far ya! What say ye 'thar?
IN or OUT? Watch'n or Win'

So says ye...it shall be 'ritten!
So according to my pirate ebonics. No one id DD. I should have a beer or 3 and have my wife recover said rocket., I may be in then.

So according to my pirate ebonics. No one id DD. I should have a beer or 3 and have my wife recover said rocket., I may be in then.

Tree beers says ye?? Only after ye rockets be flown, ye don't want the quick stop at the bottom of a short rope from the Dread Pirate Gus do ye??

IN or OUT? Watch'n or Win'n?

Not quite............. translation:

Thread is for stating which races you are participating in.

You state: Jart on K...ok your in the race. ......then you say too bad,,,blah.....blah...blah...So your not in the race?

Capt says: what's the point of your post....."meaningless dr'bble"

Wildmen just fly......Mildman worry about DD.

Worried about a long walk, no tracker? NO don't drink before flying......stick a bottle of rum in it [plastic of course]. Let everyone know about the rum & someone will go find it just for the booze as a reward for bringing you back the rocket.

"what say ye thar?
So are you in or out? Watch'n or win'n?
Or just posting for no particular reason?

So put a X-chute in to minimize drift. "and just fly it!"

I'm using a Gizmo with a 24in X-chute, a 20.00 read only altimeter stuck in a pill bottle taped to the shock cord. Don't get any simpler....oh and my name & cell number written on tape stuck to the side.

Sooooooo once again........ye be in......or out?

I'm using a Gizmo with a 24in X-chute, a 20.00 read only altimeter stuck in a pill bottle taped to the shock cord. Don't get any simpler....oh and my name & cell number written on tape stuck to the side.

Man, that thing is going to come in HOT.

It doesn't matter what planet your from, that's funny.

I wish i had video of the 30 minutes i spent "realigning" a .130" thick plate of fine stainless steel "BLAST DEFLECTOR" using fair amounts of heat and, a five pound hand sledge.....

HOT...HOT....HOT!!!! Owwww!!!:surprised:

*WHACK* Manny!

*WHACK* Taxman!!

*WHACK* Manny!!!

*WHACK* Ex-Girlfriend!!!!

*WHACK* Manny!!!!!

I worked alot of aggression out that day......

Put me down for that there SkyPyrate group launch.
Larry "LT" Terneus

M SKIDDY DRAG RACE WASSERFALL UPDATE:
Wasserfall has been dry fitted and assembly has been started. Thanks also to Gary Kawabata from Prairie State rocketry club to help me with the build.

Achtung! Watching this Das Rakete Wasserfall launch at Thunderstruck may lead to German rocketry addiction.

WASS2.jpg 519px-Hermes_A-1_Test_Rockets_-_GPN-2000-000063.jpg

Last edited:
Back