Thumbs up for Uncle Mike's Rocket Shack!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pantherjon

Reaction score
WOW! I won an auction on E-Bay of one of Uncle Mike's postings on Apr 1st, and received it Wednsday! It was almost like he put it in the mail to me before the auction even ended! Got the package and didn't really take a close look at it, I was expecting a package any day as I have been pretty active on E-Bay, but when I opened it I almost fell out of my chair when I realized when I had 'purchased' it! :) It is a Halverson Design Wicked Winnie which I got for a steal :) Was high bidder at $0.99!

Then I opened the kit box and was kind of disapointed..It says it's a Skill Level 3 kit...huh? More like a Skill 1 kit..5 pieces total to assemble, and not sure about the styrene fins..But will see when I fly it this weekend..I had it assembled in like 5 minutes..lol..

Kind of wimpy 'kit', but AWESOME service from Uncle Mike's!

WickedWinnie.jpg

What I am interested in knowing is about the table with the legs sitting in plastic cups. I take it you get water standing in that room? ;)

Jon

FYI Myself and I think Art Upton also, fly those wicked winnies. They are tougher than you think ;).

Thank you for the kind words.

Mike

Originally posted by ddmobley
What I am interested in knowing is about the table with the legs sitting in plastic cups. I take it you get water standing in that room? ;)

LMAO, no haven't had any water come thru the old garage door in a few years..wife overreacted when she put that table out here..it's got a lot of sentimental value to her, so I didn't say anything when she did that..It replaced an old falling apart desk/shelf that had been there for years..lol

Originally posted by UncMikesRktShk
Jon

FYI Myself and I think Art Upton also, fly those wicked winnies. They are tougher than you think ;).

Thank you for the kind words.

Mike

Mike, quite welcome..Will give it a go this weekend :) I was just a little underwhelmed by the build..there was no challenge to it..Not bashing it, it looks like a fine rocket, I guess I was just had higher expectations on what would be required to get a Skill Level 3 rocket kit up and flying..Will post a report after we fly her :)

I agree with you not much skill in gluing together 5 or 6 BIG pieces.

Please give us a launch report. We have sold quite a few of these things and rarely get back any negative comments.

Thanks again

Originally posted by UncMikesRktShk
I agree with you not much skill in gluing together 5 or 6 BIG pieces.

Please give us a launch report. We have sold quite a few of these things and rarely get back any negative comments.

Thanks again

It is a tribute to Doug Holverson's designs that, even when converted from quality balsa to cheap foam, they continue to be good fliers.

I have a Fun Rockets foam version of the Holverson Silver Hawk I bought from Uncle Mike for a few bucks. It had its tenth flight this weekend, still glides amazingly well.

I also bought an original Holverson Tangent on fleaBay last week:

https://www.rocketreviews.com/reviews/oop/hov_tangent.html

but missed an original Swinger (because I'm so cheap :D ).

Doug has an occasional blog located here:

https://melallensink.blogspot.com/2007_03_01_archive.html

and the designs for his rockets are here:

https://www.oldrocketplans.com/hdi.htm

Doug is a great designer and fabulous cartoonist. His input to the hobby is missed by many.

Originally posted by Pantherjon
It is a Halverson Design Wicked Winnie which I got for a steal :) Was high bidder at $0.99!
I wonder if Mike's got any Semroc SLS Explorer rockets on Ebay with a starting bid of $0.99??
2rejsrt.gif

Pete

Back