Thumbs up for the Quest C12 & D16

Discussion in 'Low Power Rocketry (LPR)' started by Theory, Apr 8, 2019.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Apr 8, 2019 #1

Theory

Theory

Theory

Had the chance to finally fly one of each of these this past Saturday. Great little motors, especially the D16.

I think I had an older C12 as the ejection went off like a bomb. All was ok though and it gave the sustainer of my Loadstar II a nice ride.

Well done Quest / Aerotech.

2. Apr 8, 2019 #2

jqavins

jqavins

jqavins

Joseph Avins

Thanks for passing along the good word. I gotta get me some of those.

3. Apr 8, 2019 #3

neil_w

neil_w

neil_w

Restless builder TRF Supporter

I'll be flying some for the first time this spring. Hope I got the newer ones.

4. Apr 8, 2019 #4

jqavins

jqavins

jqavins

Joseph Avins

Just sent a message to my localish rocket vendor (the closest I've got, about an hour and a half drive) asking then to consider putting some in stock. There's a big regional event nearby Memorial Day weekend (of which I informed them) so this might be a good time to give'm a try.

5. Apr 8, 2019 #5

BEC

BEC

BEC

I’ve been flying lots of C12s and a few D16s and agree...these are great motors. The A and B Q-Jets are “meh” for me but the Cs and Ds are....well, let’s just say I’m well into my first bulk bag of C12-6s and have more D16s on order from Sirius. I’ve also gotten quite a few from jonrocket.com (best combined price and shipping on small quantities).

I need to update the Newton tally for all the flying I’ve done in the past week in between observing TARC flights.....three more C12s and two D16s yesterday.....

Neil - all the Cs and Ds have the revised case. As and Bs produced last September or later should also be. These should also have a more reasonable ejection charge than the early As and Bs.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    neil_w likes this.
  6. Apr 8, 2019 #6

walterb

walterb

walterb

I just took a cross country road trip and bought some outside Dallas. I did not want my family to go to far off course but this HobbyTown was right off the interstate. I got packs of c12-6 d16-6 b4-4 and aerotech f67-6w that I hope will go in my MegaMax. I did not see that he had any 24mm composites.

7. Apr 11, 2019 #7

MALBAR 70

MALBAR 70

MALBAR 70

I had a chance to fly a couple of each back in January, I was quite impressed, after the kinda whimpy A6's and B4/B6's.

8. Apr 11, 2019 #8

BWP

BWP

BWP

My Estes Outlander had an excellent flight on a D16.

My Semroc Mars Lander had a CATO on a D16. The forward seal blew at about 50 ft. After contacting Aerotech/Quest, they sent me a replacement pack of engines. Very good customer service. The follow up ML flight on a C12 was perfect.

9. Apr 11, 2019 #9

billdz

billdz

billdz

These are nice motors, beware that they send your rocket a lot higher. I can always see my Enterprise on an Estes C6-5 but it went out of sight on the C12 and I was quite fortunate to recover it.