The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Folks, I've redone the thumbnail attachments. There were a few extensions that weren't permitted.

Anyone want to give it a shot and see if it works?

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
Don't see the new extensions, sizes still small.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I hear you Dick, but I'm a dumb-end user (which is ideal for you techies out there). Did the thumbnail work though? I can work with dimensions later.

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
Not sure what has changed :confused: Here's a thumb. Maybe displayed a tad bigger?

CRAYSHIP3.JPG

Indiana

Reaction score
Why am I not getting thumbnails?

mechpc.jpg

Last edited:

AKPilot

Reaction score
You know, I can see everyone else's thumbnails except Indiana's. What's up with that?

I'll check more into it. That being said, Indiana's latest thumbnails, in another forum, are just fine to view.

Peartree

Cyborg Rocketeer
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I posted to Sandman's advertisement in the Vendor forum. In the preview pane, my inserted photos looked like Indiana's so I deleted my insertions and just endorsed Sandman's work using text only. When I posted, my attached photos (which were uploaded but not inserted) appeared correctly although they had NOT appeared in the preview pane.

Huh?

Indiana

Reaction score
That's what it is Peartree. If I go to the "paperclip" drop down, and insert the attachment, they do not show up. If I don't, they do.

southparkme.jpg

AKPilot

Reaction score
Well, now that we've sorted that out!

Seriously, is this something I still need to track down?

Indiana

Reaction score
Maybe put on the "after everything else works" list. I like to be able to insert pictures intermingled with text in build threads.

luke strawwalker

Reaction score
Ok a question... why is the screen going black and weird little 'box' popping up with the picture in it?? Is there a way to get it to just open a new IE window with the pic in it?? I like to use the "zoom" feature to bring the pic up to full screen and sometimes look at specific areas in the picture, and this little 'pop up window' doesn't do that...

Is that a user setting on the user CP or is that just how the new forum software displays pics?? (hope not!) OL JR :)

tonypv

And so it begins...
Reaction score
Ok a question... why is the screen going black and weird little 'box' popping up with the picture in it?? Is there a way to get it to just open a new IE window with the pic in it?? I like to use the "zoom" feature to bring the pic up to full screen and sometimes look at specific areas in the picture, and this little 'pop up window' doesn't do that...

Is that a user setting on the user CP or is that just how the new forum software displays pics?? (hope not!) OL JR :)
If you click on the picture in the "box" it open a new window with the full size picture.

powderburner

Reaction score
I'd recommend that thumbnails be veiwable to those who aren't logged in.
I would vote for that too.....when you can get around to it. (I am sure there are still higher priority fixes that need attention.)

If you 'log in' and stay that way, the updated list of recent threads does not update. When you click 'New Posts' you get an out-of-date list if you stay logged in. And the way it is now, if you log out to get the 'New Posts' feature running again, then you can't see people's attached pictures.

I know this is not exactly a huge problem, but IMHO it definitely needs to be fixed (sometime).

Last edited:

JRThro

TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
If you click on the picture in the "box" it open a new window with the full size picture.
I use Firefox, and when I do that it shows the full-size picture in the same window/tab as TRF was in.

TRF used to, and YORF still does, show attachments in a new window when I click on them. Neither one had/has the black Java or Flash (or whatever it is) box coming up first.

I prefer the old way, personally, so I can look at attachments in their own tabs, and still have TRF open at the same time.

mjennings

Reaction score
I'd also like to see the pictures when I'm not logged in. I think being able to see the pictures might help to bring some curious folks in who might stumble across TRF.

shreadvector

Reaction score

I have IE 6 (at work) and when you click on the picture, it opens in the same window as a virtually same sized picture in a box with a greyed out TRF behind it. There is no way to resize or enlarge as any clicking results in a return to the original TRF page.

Der Red Max

Reaction score
I'd recommend that thumbnails be veiwable to those who aren't logged in. That's the way the old TRF was. Now it is the way Rocketry Planet is. I don't like logging in unless I am posting something.
What he said!

Latest posts