Thrustline site update thread...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arapahoe Photos, stories, flight logs...

Welcome to Arapahoe Valley...
...is a new webpage I'm starting where everyone can go and see anything and everything relating to the Arapahoe E. Bashed, upscale, stories, flight logs, tips, tricks, WHATEVER...it's your page!

So, I need your help! If you would like to submit any of the above mentioned,E-Mail Me!!
For flight logs, go over to EMRR and submit it there first, and you can either send a copy over to me or, I'll pick them up when Nick updates his site.

Photos
Stories
Tips
Tricks...

Whatever!

It's good to be in the valley....Arapahoe Valley!!

Web Page will be online Sunday so get those entries in!

Hate to see them retire, but I have to make some room for new kits.

Panther F-24

and...

The Seeker

Say good night Gracie...:cool:

Hey, I knew the Seeker was on its way to OOP land, but the F-24? And I was saving my sheckels for one...doggone it!

Originally posted by flying_silverad

Panther F-24

and...

The Seeker

John, I'm curious. What drives the retirement of specific kits? I'd assume it's relative sales volume and/or the need to keep specific parts on hand. Is that pretty much it?

Originally posted by JRThro
John, I'm curious. What drives the retirement of specific kits? I'd assume it's relative sales volume and/or the need to keep specific parts on hand. Is that pretty much it?

Good question.

You have to remember, by nature, I was never a business man per say. My first two or three kits, I was selling kits more as a hobby than anything else. But then I began to analyze different aspects of the kitting a specific model.

Primarily for me, the three models that have been retired were high is cost to produce relative to thier demand. Techinically, I suppose I could have kept them on forever since they share similar parts with other kits. But it was also a matter of just keeping things fresh and different.

You were correct though, a major player in the decision making process is demand. If it isn't there, it's time to move on. When I was selling cars (VW & Chevrolet) even I got sick at looking at the same old Cabrio for 5 years!:D

Styme posted a cool pic of his BT80 version!
styme%20upscale%20liftoff.jpg

...and some great flight logs!

https://www.thrustaero.com/Arapahoe%20Valley.htm

Originally posted by Donaldsrockets
Hey John

How's that Penetrator coming.:D

Funny you should mention that. It's actually called the Scorpion ATGW. I am putting the finishing touchs on the instructions (and the model) and am getting pretty close to sending you an Email. :D Here's an early shot of the decals. Phred has cleaned them up since this photo but you get the general idea.... :D
Scorpion%20Decal%20Sample.jpg

Donald,
You WILL bring the Scorpion out when it is built, right? That is, assuming we ever launch again.

Originally posted by harsas
Donald,
You WILL bring the Scorpion out when it is built, right? That is, assuming we ever launch again.

Yep, of course.:D

Careful, I might snatch an F21 from your box when you're not lookin'...:D

I was hoping we'd be able to launch this weekend but I'm sure after the amount of sun we had yesterday, that water was instantly sucked into the ground. You had a good point in your email about that.

Originally posted by flying_silverad

Panther F-24

and...

The Seeker

You wouldn't happen to have a unsold Panther F-24 kicking around, would ya???

Awesome! Great price on the combo pack!:) Already have 4 launch pads but will probably order an e-controller mid month! :)

Back