Thrustline Cluster Mount Kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aerobee300

Reaction score
WOW ... what more can I say .... John makes everything too easy! This particular cluster mount kit is a 3XD cluster for BT80 tube. I'll be installing it into my Fat Boy.

All parts were in bag .... all parts are of good quality .... all parts fit together well ... instructions were very good ... finished mount seems to be quite stout too boot !

Thrustline carries a large array of different engine cluster configs ... if you're gonna do a custom cluster .... you gotta check out Thrustline !!! AWESOME !!!

Originally posted by Aerobee300
WOW ... what more can I say .... John makes everything too easy! This particular cluster mount kit is a 3XD cluster for BT80 tube. I'll be installing it into my Fat Boy.

All parts were in bag .... all parts are of good quality .... all parts fit together well ... instructions were very good ... finished mount seems to be quite stout too boot !

Thrustline carries a large array of different engine cluster configs ... if you're gonna do a custom cluster .... you gotta check out Thrustline !!! AWESOME !!!

Thanks. I also have a new cluster kit that's pretty cool. It houses 2-18mm motors and one 24mm motor (o0o) into a BT80!
Combo 3 engine cluster kit :D

Hey, take some picts and when you finish your Fat Boy and fly it, please consider a review of this Thrustline motor mount. The review would be on the mount and how you used it.

I think it is great to see these mounts from Thrustline and the ones FlisKits has. True Model Rocketry Kits also have their "Quick Change" mounts, which I have had some success and experience with. There was another thread taking about the interchangeable mounts....

See how I use my TMRK one here

mods_nri_meanie04.jpg

Nick

EMRR, I sure will submit a full review of this mount and it's usage in the Fat Boy once I've got everthing built !!!

I've still got to fly my Aerobee 300 so I can finish that review up for Ya !

I can't tell.
Are those the stock balsa fins on there?
Am I crazy? I am placing my order tonight for the 3 E cluster for my Fat Boy.
Great stuff at a Great price;)

Yes those are the stock fins .... they are not glued on at this point in time ... I just have the motor mount and fins in place to get a look at everything .... I plan on beefing the fins somehow .... have a couple of different thoughts on that ... I have to decide on something because these stock fins are in no way heavy enough for this application !!!

Back