Thrustline: Beta Test for Panther C/W! Finally!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flying_silverad

Reaction score
Well after a not-do-great flight in Florida (to no fault of the testor) I went back to the drawing boards and modified the lower tail feathers to improve stability. I must say, the flights on the Panther are certainly cool to watch.

I will be making a more formal announcement (and possibly another TRF special purchase price), but for now, here some up dated pics to sooth the teasing!

Don, you are first on the list if you still want one!

Left front View-Panther

DROOOOOL....

GULP...

Wow John! That's a mighty fine looking rocket (jet). Decals and everything. Is that your paint job or Eugene's...either way, it looks great.

So when do these go into production?

:D :D

Originally posted by OKTurbo
DROOOOOL....

GULP...

Wow John! That's a mighty fine looking rocket (jet). Decals and everything. Is that your paint job or Eugene's...either way, it looks great.

So when do these go into production?

:D :D
THANKS!!

I just finshed painting it last week. I don't like to do any painting until all of the flight testing is done.

I used Krylon gray, and flat black. Dupli color silver met for the canopy. Thin line tape was used to accent the canopy. Red monocote was used to accent the glare area on the nose. I used a Sharpe Silver Met pen for the fasteners around the canopy area.

You'll get a huge decal sheet and the ability to pick and choose from it.

Production will be sometime the second week of Oct. I'm really trying to get everything done ( the rest of the new fleet) for the Christmas season but it's a tough row to hoe!

Yes, unfortunately my beta test did not go so well. :( I was quite optimistic about this kit initially. John did a great job with the parts and instructions. The updated version should correct any stability issues. I sure imagine that the first version had him scratching his head after I sent him the bad news.

Anyways, this is what beta testing is all about. As a kit designer I'm sure you take the good with the bad. Here are some pictures from my build.

I chose a simple 2 color camo scheme. It was quick enough to make the rocket look good yet not too much time invested in case the inevitable would occur.

Here I am posing for a first flight. The day was great. I recall there was a little wind but nothing that any other rocketeer won't come across.

Ok, get your barf bag ready...., parents - cover your childrens' eyes!

The unfortunate result of hitting the ground under power.... :eek:

I have nothing but faith in John that he corrected everything. As a matter of fact, with that slick new paint scheme and decaling I may just get myself one! :eek: :)

Originally posted by eugenefl
Ok, get your barf bag ready...., parents - cover your childrens' eyes!
OH the humanity!! I feel ill:eek:
OK so I really want one, where do I sign?

Back