Thrustline Arapaho E

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawndartman

Reaction score
Somedays, things go OK. I picked a Thrustline Arapaho E off E-Bay for $40.00. Hard to find kit on my must have list. Merry Christmas to me! I try never to post things like this, but.... Stay safe all.

Is that the standard 3” Estes nose cone? It looks shorter but that could be from the angle of the photo.
Yes, its a Big Daddy nosecone, the tailcone is made from a Balsa Machining/Mercury Engineering/Apogee nosecone that fits the T300 airframe, its critical to the look that the nosecone be a shorter aspect ratio than the tailcone

Just a little upscale, built with T300 Estes PS airframe.

Yes, its a Big Daddy nosecone, the tailcone is made from a Balsa Machining/Mercury Engineering/Apogee nosecone that fits the T300 airframe, its critical to the look that the nosecone be a shorter aspect ratio than the tailcone
Hello Rich,
your comments got me thinking about the 3" Arapahoe upscale OR file I did some time ago. After comparing it to your build I've realized my sim is off a tad at the tail end. So, any chance I could have a look see at your sim file? I am assuming you have one of course?

Hello Rich,
your comments got me thinking about the 3" Arapahoe upscale OR file I did some time ago. After comparing it to your build I've realized my sim is off a tad at the tail end. So, any chance I could have a look see at your sim file? I am assuming you have one of course?
I do have one for OR but as far as flight performance its questionable due to the tricks needed to get fins on transitions.

I do have one for OR but as far as flight performance its questionable due to the tricks needed to get fins on transitions.
If you want me to port that file over to the new OR alpha (which supports fins on transitions) just send it over. Could be interesting to compare the sim results.

Are you using "mechanical" (is that the right term?) motor retention or a friction/tape retention on this? Either way it is a Beautiful rocket!
I used friction tape. I also used a couple pieces of 3M metal tape around the aft closure and motor tube. The metal tape is really strong and malleable so it wraps tight.

That is fine, I'll take it. If you do not want it in the wild, you could PM it to me. Your tricks for the fins on the transition are probably similar to mine.

I also have the Beta version of OR and it would be interesting to compare the simmed flight performance from each version.

Back