Thrustline and Paypal

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

flying_silverad

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2002
Messages
3,168
Reaction score
1
Due to some strange technical issues, I have not been able to access PayPal and process any of my orders for the past two days. I don't know how long the PayPal site will have intermittent problems but they know about it and are working it.

Thanks for your understanding.
John
 

hokkyokusei

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2012
Messages
2,908
Reaction score
3
Originally posted by flying_silverad
Due to some strange technical issues, I have not been able to access PayPal and process any of my orders for the past two days. I don't know how long the PayPal site will have intermittent problems but they know about it and are working it.
I don't know if it's any reassurance, but it's not just you:
https://www.theregister.com/2004/10/12/paypal_tech_problem/
 

rebar_rocketry

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2004
Messages
395
Reaction score
0
I've had trouble, too, with logging in and a couple people emailing me saying that they couldn't send an order, but I've had other orders come in in the same time period. Go figure.
I can at least log in now.
 

quickburst

Well-Known Member
TRF Supporter
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
73
I have had trouble as well. I can log in at times, not at others.

D Bachelder
 

UncMikesRktShk

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
1,298
Reaction score
0
Glad to report at least in the Mid West, were having no trouble with PayPal at all. Had some customers complain on there end about slow response. But weve gotten all our payments. And can ship with no trouble.
 

jflis

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
15,432
Reaction score
62
so *that* explains it!

sheesh! :)
thanx guys

PayPal spokeswoman Amanda Pires commented that the problems began on friday after some "code enhancements" were added to the site.

What'a'ya wanna bet that their chief "code enhancer" is sweating bullets right about now???

..."come'er boy, let *me* "enhance" yer code for ya..."
 

flying_silverad

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2002
Messages
3,168
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by jflis
so *that* explains it!

sheesh! :)
thanx guys

PayPal spokeswoman Amanda Pires commented that the problems began on friday after some "code enhancements" were added to the site.

What'a'ya wanna bet that their chief "code enhancer" is sweating bullets right about now???

..."come'er boy, let *me* "enhance" yer code for ya..."
LOL ....yea, and the V.P. of sales giving the "code enhancer" a serious nuggie.:kill:
 

flying_silverad

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2002
Messages
3,168
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by rocketsonly
Yea! PayPal is finally up!

Has anyone heard of https://www.paypalsucks.com/ ? I came across it when I tried getting into PayPal via Google. They've got a forum about how terrible PayPal is!
Yep. Just about every company in America has a XXXXsucks.com page.
 

sandman

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
10,563
Reaction score
11
Just about every company in America has a XXXXsucks.com page.
Can't find in google...

Roachwerkssucks.com
Fliskitssucks.com
Thrustlinesucks.com
SEMROCsucks.com
etc.


Nope, can't find 'em. Maybe we're just not big enough yet!:D
 

jflis

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
15,432
Reaction score
62
Originally posted by sandman
Can't find in google...

Roachwerkssucks.com
Fliskitssucks.com
Thrustlinesucks.com
SEMROCsucks.com
etc.


Nope, can't find 'em. Maybe we're just not big enough yet!:D

naaaa, it's cuz we're all too good! :)
 

flying_silverad

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2002
Messages
3,168
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by sandman
Can't find in google...

Roachwerkssucks.com
Fliskitssucks.com
Thrustlinesucks.com
SEMROCsucks.com
etc.


Nope, can't find 'em. Maybe we're just not big enough yet!:D
I stand corrected.:D
 

flying_silverad

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2002
Messages
3,168
Reaction score
1
Well looks like everything seems to be getting back to normal. Thanks again for your understanding.

John
 

flying_silverad

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2002
Messages
3,168
Reaction score
1
Okay, for those of you that use PayPal, you want to hear this. If you are recieving money for whatever reason, check to make sure that some of the transactions havn't slipped into your history folder by mistake.

I could not account for about 6 transactions that appeared to be paid for but there was nothing in PayPal. Bringing the history section up for the dates involved revealed several transactions that other wise did not show up.

If you have a PayPal account, now may be a good time to sweep through it to make sure nothing is "hiding".
 
Top