Thrustcurve.org

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And......what does that mean???
DNS stands for Domain Name Service. It is the process that converts the common names that we can understand to the IP numbers that the computers understand.

What happens when you try to go to a website is that your computer asks your internet provider how to translate the name to the address. Your provider then goes up the ladder until it gets to a server that knows where that name would know. For example, if your internet was AT&T and you tried to look up www.thrustcurve.org, your computer would ask the AT&T DNS servers how to get there. AT&T wouldn't know so they go up a level until it gets to the root .org server. That server would reply saying "go ask cloudflare, they run the thurstcurve.org domain" That reply would be passed down back to your computer and then your computer would ask the cloudflare DNS servers and they would reply with the IP address of www.thrustcurve.org. You now would know how to get there. Now if cloudflare is offline or has removed the entry for www.thurstcurve.org, you'll get an error along the lines of "nxdomain" which basically means that we asked all the right people but they either didn't know or didn't reply, so we don't know how to translate that name into an address.

So.... either the provider for thustcurve.org is offline, not replying for some reason or has de-listed the domain. I could use some advanced DNS domains to dig into where the problem is but I assume John already knows what the issue is or can contact his provider and get all the support he needs.

Last edited:
Looks like all of his rocket related site are unreachable. :(

It would be cool to have an offline version for when this happens, or to use at a launch with no cell service.
There is a phone app for iOS available (I originally had it for Android too, but didn't keep it up-to-date so they removed it.)
https://www.thrustcurve.org/info/mobile.html
The current web site is responsive, so is meant to work on the phone as well, so the only real use for the mobile app is if you go to a lunch site without Internet.

Latest posts

Back