Thrustcurve Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

JohnCoker

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I went through and updated the 38mm Loki reloads this morning. Now the delays on ThrustCurve.org match what's in the individual instruction sheets.

smstachwick

LPR/MPR sport flier with an eye to HPR and scale
Reaction score
Hey there!

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I've confirmed via Aerotech's Master Motor Matrix, updated 8/24/21, that the E15W has gone out of production. Availability on the site is still listed as regular. Is this because of a recent discontinuation (and theoretically still some stock possibly lying around) or is that an error?

Side note: I've found the site really useful so far for planning some future fights, thank you @JohnCoker for taking the time to create it and keep it updated.

neil_w

Back in the game
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
For a while the E15 and E20 have been the same motor (perhaps someone from AT can explain how this came to be). So the E15 has ended, but the E20 continues.

I love this motor.

smstachwick

LPR/MPR sport flier with an eye to HPR and scale
Reaction score
Oh, good to know. Yeah, I've been running Goblin simulations in RockSim using every 24 x ~70mm motor in the book and that airframe is an impressive performer with the E20. I'm getting estimates in the range of 2400 ft for that little rocket. And Thrustcurve is a great resource

I have, however, noticed a few things that don't line up with the certification documents and information from the manufacturers' websites. Is this thread a good place to pose questions about these or would comments on the site itself be more fruitful?

JohnCoker

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey there!

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I've confirmed via Aerotech's Master Motor Matrix, updated 8/24/21, that the E15W has gone out of production.
Thanks for letting me know; I marked it as OOP.

AeroTech

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
For a while the E15 and E20 have been the same motor (perhaps someone from AT can explain how this came to be). So the E15 has ended, but the E20 continues.

I love this motor.
It was a marketing thing, long story.