Thrustcurve Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

jqavins

Helpful Smartass
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
My desire (frustration is putting it a bit strongly) would be satisfied if one could pick columns to display in search results as part of one's account preferences. I'd often want length, and would virtually never object to having it, so I'd turn it on in preferences and forget it.

I do realize that might not be an easy change. I'm not jumping up and down crying for it. Just thinking out loud.

JohnCoker

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
As a start, I added motor length to the spreadsheet. I'll think about how best to display more columns in the search and guide results.

Last edited:

lcorinth

Reaction score
I'm glad this thread is here, so I don't have to start a new one.

I love Thrustcurve.org. I've found it one of the most useful resources since I got started in this hobby.

I just got a new phone, and am in the process of installing all my favorite apps. Is the Thrustcurve phone app a thing of the past? I can't find it on the Google Play store and the link on the site itself seems to be dead. If so, I guess I can do without it, since the site itself is so useful, but I did like having it to refer to when I was away from home.

Thanks!

JohnCoker

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I just got a new phone, and am in the process of installing all my favorite apps. Is the Thrustcurve phone app a thing of the past? I can't find it on the Google Play store and the link on the site itself seems to be dead. If so, I guess I can do without it, since the site itself is so useful, but I did like having it to refer to when I was away from home.
Sadly, Google de-supported the version of the framework I was using to support both platforms (but Apple didn't, go figure). I'll get it working again some day, but I haven't been motivated yet.

Note that the new site is responsive, so should work just fine on phones.

JohnCoker

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Several people have noticed that bots have been posting bogus motor notes. I added a reCAPTCHA to the register page, so hopefully that will block them.