Thrust Aero F19 Nightfighter Beta Teaser

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKTurbo

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Just a little 'teaser' picture of the Beta Test rocket in primer. Not too shabby if I say so myself.

Hmmm....what paint scheme will I use?!?!

Enjoy,
John
F19_Primer1.jpg

Oooh! Oooh! I want one! I want one! Mommy, can I have one of THOSE??? Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease????

:p

WW

Go to an auto parts place...or Meijer's auto department.

Get some "Charcoal Matelic"!

sandman

Very awesome job John. The canopy came out great!!

All good paint ideas...keep us posted!:D

Wait til you fly it...it's eye popping to say the least! C11-5 is great a D12-5 is SIC!

The canopy is just good ole' balsa. I added the blood, sweat and tears.

Just call me the sandman....OOPS...that name's already taken! :)

The grey looks good, but I'd really like to do this one in black. We'll see what mood I'm in tomorrow. If it doesn't rain. Can't paint in the rain.

Canopy1.jpg

Filled1.jpg

It still needs some finishing touches, plus a coat of polish, but here she is.

I went with a "X Plane" theme.

Enjoy,
John

Just call me the sandman....OOPS...that name's already taken!

Very nice paint job! One bit of advice...make the canopy darker...seems too...bright doesn't seem to follow the "sinisterness" of the rest of the model. Maybe a darker blue.

Otherwise looks FANTASTIC!

Hey! Mr. moderator, can I get a ruling on nickname theft!

The REAL "sandman":D

I didn't steal it...just borrowed it for a while :)

Yes...the canopy is too bright. When wet, the paint looked a lot darker, but as it dried, it turned into a powder blue.

I'll probably paint over it with a dark, charcoal grey.

Thanks for the compliments. I can't wait to fly it now!

John

Originally posted by flying_silverad
I just don't have the words....just awesome, cool, too cool!
:cool: :D

A work of art!

My sentiments exactly.

:eek: You could not have picked a better paint scheme!!!! I don't know why, but I'm a sucker for black and yellow! Beautiful! You're gonna post some flight pics right?

Yes...flight/launch pics will follow shortly. I hope to fly it tomorrow after work. Tonight is "scout night". The 2 boys have chess club until 4:30...then Cub Scout Den meeting 5:30-6:30....The older boy has Boy Scouts at 7:00 (Court of Honor - Recieves his 2nd Class Rank tonight). If that's not enough, baby sister has gymnastics from 4:00-6:00.

I get tired just thinking about it! It's a beautiful day here in Oklahoma, but needless to say, I don't think the F19 will make her maiden voyage tonight.

On a side note: Little sister has asked me to help her build a rocket she can "sand". Her first rocket was an easy-build Quest. I spent a lot of time sanding on the F19. Gordon, you would be proud, the little angel doesn't want to miss out on the sanding fun. Can I call her the "sandgirl"?

John

OOOOOOOklahoma, where the wind comes sweeping down the plain.......

Scratch one F19 Test Flight tonight. 15-20mph winds / gusting to 40mph. I didn't want to chance it. It was calm at 0700. I might have to sneak out for a "dawn patrol".

Instead of a launch picture, here's a new one.

John

Originally posted by OKTurbo

Scratch one F19 Test Flight tonight. 15-20mph winds / gusting to 40mph. I didn't want to chance it. It was calm at 0700. I might have to sneak out for a "dawn patrol".

John

Good Call. I flew mine the other night and the winds were about 5-10 and it flew great. But, it tends to drift ALOT more than your normal low profile 3FNC!

OOOooooo!!!! AAAAAaahhhhhhh!!!! :)

That's a beautiful bird, OKTurbo! Judging from previous posts, I gather the canopy is not "stock" for this rocket?

Originally posted by OKTurbo

John

I'm in the same boat over here. Jason and I were supposed to get together to fly the F-24 Panther. It's been quite windy. It looks like we'll probably head out Thursday or Friday sometime late in the afternoon. (Pics coming soon! :D )

Back