Quantcast

Three stages, second stage air-starts 18mm 2x Cluster w Parasite Glider

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Jonathan 7

Reaction score
This one has a D12-0 booster that air-starts a two 18mm motor second stage (and an optional third stage, 18mm or 13mm).

With the vent holes (see pics), it’s two for two on air starting both second stage motors.

I wish I was a better artist - the paint job and decals leave much to be desired.

Attachments

Nytrunner

Pop lugs, not drugs
Reaction score
Nice. And the glider(s, I see you have two!) doesn't have an issue caroming off the reducing transition of the payload tube?

Jonathan 7

Reaction score
It did at first. Originally I had two 1/2 inch 1/8 lugs on the glider body, holding it to the two prongs. That was way too tight. So, I got rid of those and replaced with 1 1/2 inch 1/4 launch lug. Now it works like a charm. It sort of “deflects” off the Transition to the recovery bay.

Nytrunner

Pop lugs, not drugs
Reaction score
Cool, I pretty much just do single stage stuff, so the ingenuity of these are always fun to watch.

Deflect, better word than carom, rebound, or bounce lol

Jonathan 7

Reaction score
Cool, I pretty much just do single stage stuff, so the ingenuity of these are always fun to watch.

Deflect, better word than carom, rebound, or bounce lol
Ha! I wish I had a video, but both times I launched it, there were camera issues. Gotta get some more D12s