Thread: Name your favorite OOP Motor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The motors in the picture were mockups (Except for the D5).

The F12 motor I saw was 29mm x roughly 6-7 inches.
The Estes ones are 4.5, and they’re never even filled up all the way. Those F12s may have ended up being the most powerful black powder motors available, had they gone to market.

Last edited:
The Estes ones are 4.5, and they’re never even filled up all the way. Those F12s may have ended up being the most powerful black powder motors available, had they gone to market.
Nope.

Those motors used some of the lowest quality black powder ever used in a rocket motor.

Yes, my most-missed, the Rocketflite Silver Streak BP motors.
Yes. They originally said they would bring them back, but that never happened. I remember reading that on their website. I suspect it has something to do with the BP.

how about the 24mm AT F101T? I had a fiberglassed Estes Alpha that I would fly on those. it was a 'fire and forget' rocket, but someone would always find it and it'd show up in the lost and found. on it's last flight it was found 2 months later, after a rainstorm. the fiberglass was ok, but the cardboard tube under the glass was ruined.

how about the 24mm AT F101T? I had a fiberglassed Estes Alpha that I would fly on those. it was a 'fire and forget' rocket, but someone would always find it and it'd show up in the lost and found. on it's last flight it was found 2 months later, after a rainstorm. the fiberglass was ok, but the cardboard tube under the glass was ruined.

Somewhere I still have one of those. But the Box I looked in just now only had these but not the 101 :(

2-G55
1-G60-Classic {1988]
1-F41-Classic {1988}
2-F10
1-E6
1-RoadRunner G80

Back