Thoughts and Comments on Who Sabotaged the Russian Nord Stream 1 & 2 Pipelines

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
TRF Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
The blasts to Nord Stream 1 and 2 could have easily been placed to cut off all gas from those pipelines. Instead it was placed at a link that allows Russia to still pump gas to Nord Stream 2 through a different link. So I think it was Russia:

I think this was done by Russia and now they get to try come out like a ”hero” instead of a “zero”

Peartree

Cyborg Rocketeer
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Can know because they have investigated, although close, is not the same thing as do know because they have investigated. But it is very far from the same thing as they cannot know because they have investigated. In my humble opinion, Sweden, Denmark and Germany do know who did it, but cannot say for reasons you may care to outline.
Ah, I think I see where we diverge. You use the phrase, "have investigated." Past tense.

Everyone else is using the term "are investigating." Present tense.

The only investigation that seems to be mostly finished is Germany which, quite honestly doesn't have much to do except check to see if anyone inside their own borders might have done it. They're not using their navy, or submersibles, or anything at all off shore.

"Have investigated" *might* imply that someone knows the answer. But maybe not.

Many of your assertions essentially say that because the local police have opened an investigation into last week's murder, they must know who the killer is and are covering it up. Nevermind the twenty year old cold cases that never found enough information to reach an arrest, let alone a conviction.

Opening an investigation is often a very long ways from convicting a suspect.

Dotini

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
In another odd, disturbing and unconfirmed report, it is said that undersea communication cables between Shetland Island and the UK have been cut. Supposedly there is a major oil terminal on Shetland.

Reaction score
In another odd, disturbing and unconfirmed report, it is said that undersea communication cables between Shetland Island and the UK have been cut. Supposedly there is a major oil terminal on Shetland.

A fishing boat accidentally damaged a communications cable.
Nothing to see here, move on.

bwayne64

Reaction score
I'm glad to see it was an accident. Every escalation of this mess is making me spend more money. Well at least I'll have plenty of food and energy for the next hurricane, lol.