Thoughts and Comments on Current Russian,Ukrainian Conflict/War

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure how successfully they'd survive an environment where we don't control the airspace.
I think that's exactly what they were designed for. The Fulda Gap was not going to be a fun place when the Russian/W. German tanks began to roll.

I just ran across a Japanese news report about the Swedish Gripen. Sweden might be sending Gripens to Ukraine.

And how long to train the pilots on the Gripen? Plus setting up the proper logistics to support the aircraft.
Last I heard the F16 training is still not complete. Expectation is between May and August of this year.

And how long to train the pilots on the Gripen? Plus setting up the proper logistics to support the aircraft.
Last I heard the F16 training is still not complete. Expectation is between May and August of this year.
That's one of the virtues of the Gripen, it's designed around minimal and mobile logistics and support crew.

You won't find many current or ex jet fighter pilots who would argue that the Gripen isn't the best 4+ gen fighter available for Ukraine's current needs.

TP

Back