Those Futuristic Nosecones?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

el-mono

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to located the futuristic style nose cones for those estes space planes from the 80's? ive got part numbers but cant find any anywhere.

Estes - PNC50-F 71030

They were used on the starship nova and the Nimbus. which would be really cool to clone if I could find these cones. Unfortonatly these would not be neally as cool without the cone.

I have some of the PNC-50SP's left from the Argosy/X-16,...etc. and I may have one "drop nose" cone from the Starship Nova/Nimbus.

Maybe I could try to "carve one. It's not that complicated a design.

You might check out Moldin' Oldies too. He's got a copy of one of the futuristic Estes noses available, as part of one of his sets. Check out the Estes clone products.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by el-mono
Does anyone know where to located the futuristic style nose cones for those estes space planes from the 80's? ive got part numbers but cant find any anywhere.

Estes - PNC50-F 71030

I know it is a very overpriced way to get parts for scratchbuilding and that they often contain junk I would never use, but I tend to buy Estes Designer's Specials when they are on sale or otherwise priced cheaply. I have gotten some good out-of-production plastic parts that way.

Another thing to do is ask around the local club. Beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder and you may never know who has a few of these lying around because they are too good to throw away but too ugly to use.

Bill

You can clone the PNC-50SP by adding a canopy to the Skywriter nose cone - I created a pdf file that lets you print out the canopy on cardstock and tells how to add it to the nose cone. You can find the download at Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe - the link to the page where the download is is:

https://www.rocketshoppe.com/tips.htm

Greg

Back