This seems like mid power yes?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice build for a scratch and of components found around the house. I give you credit on that!

But, you can't scale something up or down, and expect it to work the same (its not a linear thing). You will need to make some compromises.

And, the attitude you give [quoted] doesn't instill any confidence.. It shouldn't be a guess.
Wrong, the attitude i returned if you want to get technical. What did you think youd get trying to tell a stranger "if you did some research " you think thats a cordial way to get that across pal? I was actually very nice in my response i could of told you something that of ruined your day. All that aside, gold star on how you treat new people, you know way to help. Pffft. Its not a mystery any more why the hobby is dying out. If you and folks like you with the condescending way you hold dialog with people are the "leaders" or veterans supposed to be representing the hobby im not sure how you get any new comers. But really thanks for putting me down, trying to tell me my s#$?t sucks, then saying im the one with the "bad attitude". I appreciate it. Not that you care but you most likely lost another would be rocketeer. Have a good day pal.

I would be more worried about the corrugated cardboard motor mount.

What did you think youd get trying to tell a stranger "if you did some research " you think thats a cordial way to get that across pal?

Geeze, really? I never wrote "if you did some research" ... what I wrote was...

... If you do some research ...

Big difference. I'm sure you did a bunch of research when building your rocket. But if you "now" do some research on stability of flying Saturn V model rockets you'll see that you do indeed need to add some bigger fins. They are gnarly looking and you can bet they wouldn't be adding them if they weren't needed.

Check out Steve Eve's Saturn V... see how big the fins are.

I don't think anyone is trying to dissuade you from what you are trying to do, but you do not want to take any advice either it seems. They are pointing you towards info that can help you have a safer and more reliable flight. Most people here do not like the idea of "winging it", for lack of better terms, in fact its pretty much against any rocketry organizations rules.

... silly?

Tell you this though crash and burn or soar to the moon either way its gonna be fun! Lol

Wrong, the attitude i returned if you want to get technical ... gold star on how you treat new people, you know way to help. Pffft. Its not a mystery any more why the hobby is dying out. If you and folks like you with the condescending way you hold dialog with people are the "leaders" or veterans supposed to be representing the hobby im not sure how you get any new comers. But really thanks for putting me down, trying to tell me my s#$?t sucks, then saying im the one with the "bad attitude". I appreciate it. Not that you care but you most likely lost another would be rocketeer. Have a good day pal.

:blowingbubbles:...

Sounds like me when someone wakes me up.

Don't forget to get the flight on video so you can post it! :popcorn:

People here absolutely WANT to see others succeed.

you post a rocket here, you may be hoping for admiration (which you got, I still think it’s cool.). You also may want encouragement, which you also got. But what you should be thankful for is helpful comments that increase your chances of safety and success, which you also got.

you got a sweet swing test, that’s certainly encouraging and with that I’d say go fly her. She doesn’t pass my “eyeball test”, but I’d take a good swing test over an eyeball or mindsim test any day.

when you post something on a public forum, you are INVITING comments. Those can vary from

that looks good and should fly great

thru

that looks great but may not fly so well

thru

that looks ugly but may fly fine (mine tend to fall into this category, BTW)

thru

that’s ugly and it’s gonna skywrite.

yours kind of between a 1 and a 2.

any concerns raised are not against you personally nor is anyone “hoping” your rocket flight is anything but nominal to prove themselves right and you wrong. Everybody here commenting wants you to have a safe and successful flight, and any suggestions offered are given precisely to help you accomplish that.

what you won’t find here is much support for anyone who designs and launches a rocket with the attitude, “hey, if it crashes and burns, that’s okay too, so long as it’s cool.” Anyone who actually HAS that attitude (and I am not saying you do) people here are going to encourage to try something more appropriate, like stamp collecting. Model rocketry is based on a culture of safety and fun (in that order, but generally they go hand in hand, they are not mutually exclusive).

again, neat rocket, I hope you get many good flights out of her!

I used to glue launch lugs and little sticks of balsa, the leftovers from rocket kits, directly to motors and light them off. No rocket body to speak off.

So I'm game. Just wear some safety glasses Lol. Lets see that thing fly. (this might be why clubs only let new faces run c's or less)

Back