This is my son sanding on his Icarus fins

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skye

Reaction score
To me this is what it is all about ,the younger people.My son loves this sport as much as I do,and he just turned 9.
I enjoy it when he comes to me and asks if he can help build a rocket.I havent launched one since I got back in to it ,seems like everytime we go out I always let him do the launch,because he enjoys it so much.

Thanks Tom

Originally posted by Skye
To me this is what it is all about ,the younger people.My son loves this sport as much as I do,and he just turned 9.
I enjoy it when he comes to me and asks if he can help build a rocket.I havent launched one since I got back in to it ,seems like everytime we go out I always let him do the launch,because he enjoys it so much.

Thanks Tom

Very cool. And look, he even knows to keep the dust outside.

Originally posted by flying_silverad
Very cool. And look, he even knows to keep the dust outside.

You're supposed to keep the dust outside? Crap, something else I forgot to do!
My 13 year old daughter loves making rockets. She doesn't like the "wood" as she calls it but she loves the Quest rockets with the ready made 'fin' cans.
Keep up the good work.
Take a look at my website in the sig line and see me daughters and granddaughter shooting some off.
BTW, the Icarus is a cool rocket!

I have two Icarus kits still in the bags, but I have a Super Bird almost built, except for priming/painting.

Why does Quest sell two kits that are so nearly identical?

Payloaders, same size BT, length within 1/2" of each other... probably the same NC, too.

I may do some bashing on the two Icaruses, and make several different configurations possible, from a short version w/o the payload section, to a long version w/ two of the long BT sections and/or two payload sections, etc...

Back