This is Effed Up

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kb,

Thanks so much! Wonderful design, build, and flight!

Really appreciate you posting the flight graph;

Steve

Effed Up is a scratch build minimum diameter rocket designed to fly high with an Apogee F10 motor.

View attachment 435669 View attachment 435668 View attachment 435667

Effed Up is a sibling of Eyelash. Many of the construction details are similar. I will use this post to highlight some of the differences.

View attachment 435671
Eyelash (left) and Effed Up

I will also use this post to describe what I learned from an original version of the rocket that never flew because it perished during charge testing.
The rocket looks great.

I only have to wonder why euphemistic vulgarity has to find its way into every aspect of life.
Eyelash was a fine name, why not select something else, like eyebrow.

When we're sittting around the bar together it's one thing, but when you hear little kids using terms like that it should make you think. The name doesn't make it cooler.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

I like the name!

I don't trust people who don't cuss.
I certainly question those who swear-off swearing, but respect their choice.

I just don't think it needs to be everywhere and it is counterproductive.
When you use the high-powered words for just anything, they loose their power for when you really need them ;)
And what's wrong with decency as the default?

I only have to wonder why euphemistic vulgarity has to find its way into every aspect of life.
Eyelash was a fine name, why not select something else, like eyebrow.
As someone who has been known to utter an expletive or two, I nonetheless sympathize with your point of view, and have found some rocket names and/or decors on this forum over the years to be pointlessly vulgar.

However, this particular rocket name is such a perfect double entendre* that I can only praise it. If I had thought of it I would have used it too.

*The other most perfect rocket name is Bluefin Tuba, but that doesn't qualify as a double entendre because neither of its meanings is risqué.

Sorry. I wasn't trying to choose anything vulgar or offend. I was just trying to name each high performance rocket starting with the impulse letter around which it was designed:
  • Effed Up
  • Gee Willikers
  • Eyelash
  • Someday maybe Teed Off?
Eff isn't an easy letter.

I have to fess up that I once named another rocket something edgy: "After four hours up phone a doctor." Flight time didn't even come close...

Sorry. I wasn't trying to choose anything vulgar or offend. I was just trying to name each high performance rocket starting with the impulse letter around which it was designed:
  • Effed Up
  • Gee Willikers
  • Eyelash
  • Someday maybe Teed Off?
Eff isn't an easy letter.

I have to fess up that I once named another rocket something edgy: "After four hours up phone a doctor." Flight time didn't even come close...
I'm not offended and I apologize if I did.
My wife pointed out the double entendre as well and I agree it is perfect as neil_w noted.
She also commented that I should not be the one to call-out foul language.

Cheers and here's to a beautiful season of flying for all of us.

Last edited:
Just want to say that I've re-read this thread several times now. This really was a great project. Your design, build, flights, and writeup are all truly superb. Thanks again for sharing it with us.

Back