• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold thinning the xtras

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimzcatz

Boss, Carolina Rocket Mafia
Reaction score
Monster Motors 75/3840 with closures used lightly. Ding on one end (pictured). Will not effect quality of use. No seal disk. Retails at $540. Asking $325
Monster Motors 75/2560 flaw in anodizing(pictured. No seal Disk. New, never fired. Retails at $276. Asking $185
Aerotech 75mm RAS,new in box unopened. Retails for 133, asking $100
Gorilla (unanodized) 75/3500 brand new with external thrust ring. Case only. The Loki equivalent retails for $240 (Yea Scott has priced himself right out of the hobby for me). Asking 125

I'll eat the first $10 in shipping.

Attachments

• 20211203_134914.jpg
    20211203_134914.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 121
  • 20211203_134956.jpg
    20211203_134956.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Wow, if you had not said that there was a flaw in the anodising, I would have thought that one motor case was a millenium edition Dr. Rocket case. Looking closer, I see there’s no purplish coloring amongst the blue, that is indicative of the millenium cases.

Trust me, I know Millennium hardware. If I was to find some they don't leave my possession.

Attachments

• received_2500594486637641.jpeg
    received_2500594486637641.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 149
Trust me, I know Millennium hardware. If I was to find some they don't leave my possession.

They don’t leave my posession either, lol. I kick myself for not ordering a set of both 29mm and 38mm when I bought a 54mm set, but I already had two sets of both 29mm and 38mm Dr. Rocket cases; one of the 38mm sets are Naram 41 or 42 commemorative cases, minus the 1080 case. . . Red and black tie die. I have picked up three 38mm millennium cases and would like to get the ones I don’t have.

Koolness factor, plus limited run when available. They were made to celebrate the end of the millennium in 2000. I bought my 54mm set directly from Dr Rocket at LDRS in Orangeburg. July 1999

I see the photo, I just haven't heard of it before and wanted to know what makes them special. 90% of this hobby seems to be word of mouth 😄

”Word of mouth “ works well, but much of it concerns the past and includes things that are no longer available, unless someone offers their personal stash up for sale. Rarely does anybody offer up millennium cases or desert fire cases. I’ve never heard anybody mention the NARAM 42 commemorative cases but me. I picked up the 38mm 240, 360, and 480 millennium cases earlier this year; he advertised them in this forum and I am surprised nobody beat me to them.

I wish Dr. Rocket had continued in business; I hear he was/is a dentist, hence the Dr. Besides the Millennium cases that I believe were only produced in 2000, he produced cases to commemorate NARAM 42 (dark red/black mottled or tie dye - don’t know how else to describe them), I bought a 38mm set at NARAM 42 (minus the 1080 case), which was held at the Pony Express Missile Test Range in Utah in 2001. Later, he produced the Desert Fire issue (orange/red mottled or tie dye), don’t know what year, but will guess 2002. Perhaps he didn’t get licensed by Aerotech the next year (just a guess). Somebody with a regular (red) Dr. Rocket case can chime in if their case has a production date 2002 or later.

Not to further derail Jim's sale thread, but it would be cool to see a "Dr. Rockets" case thread showing all the various special finishes.

Good luck with the sale!

”Word of mouth “ works well, but much of it concerns the past and includes things that are no longer available, unless someone offers their personal stash up for sale. Rarely does anybody offer up millennium cases or desert fire cases. I’ve never heard anybody mention the NARAM 42 commemorative cases but me. I picked up the 38mm 240, 360, and 480 millennium cases earlier this year; he advertised them in this forum and I am surprised nobody beat me to them.

I wish Dr. Rocket had continued in business; I hear he was/is a dentist, hence the Dr. Besides the Millennium cases that I believe were only produced in 2000, he produced cases to commemorate NARAM 42 (dark red/black mottled or tie dye - don’t know how else to describe them), I bought a 38mm set at NARAM 42 (minus the 1080 case), which was held at the Pony Express Missile Test Range in Utah in 2001. Later, he produced the Desert Fire issue (orange/red mottled or tie dye), don’t know what year, but will guess 2002. Perhaps he didn’t get licensed by Aerotech the next year (just a guess). Somebody with a regular (red) Dr. Rocket case can chime in if their case has a production date 2002 or later.

I have some of the last Dr. Rocket cases produced I believe. I would have to look at the month, but I believe I have a least one that is early 2006.

Back