Think Marijuana Isn't Addictive?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are delusional to think you cannot detect in advance but can tell AFTER an accident that it was causal.

Delusional? I think not. Once again, a man of little intelligence attacks the messenger when he can't have a discussion on a high level. Just because you do not agree with me does not make it do.

The issue is not detecting it after an event. It is safety and prevention.

Currently, the dilemma in CA and CO is can you even test a physician, pilot, or truck driver anymore. The State does not have a right, but under federal law, they still continue to test for safety reasons. It is legal nationwide. Prevention will be an issue.

Last edited:
Any state, truck driver must take radom tests at anytime the employer requires. I am sure other professions are the same. Even though I am the employer, if I lease on to a new company, they require it.

I had a urine test at hire and can be tested at any time. If we are involved in a vehicle accident or any workplace injury, testing is mandatory. They also screen for nicotine markers in our blood during our annual physical.

No realli! She was Karving her initials on the moose with the sharpened end of an interspace toothbrush given her by Svenge—her brother-in-law— an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian movies: "The Hot Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Molars of Horst Nordfink"...

that is interesting.. what do these [likely] indicate? I assume teh effects of nicotine on your performance..

Insurance costs for the most part. The other factor is more for our pilots but us to a lesser degree. Nicotine has a negative impact on your night vision and how quickly your eyes adapt from light to dark conditions. The pilots have a list of OTC and Rx meds they can't take on duty in addition to alcohol and other drugs.

that is interesting.. what do these [likely] indicate? I assume teh effects of nicotine on your performance..

just looked it up (I've been smoke-free for about 27 years now! so I forget how I felt!) Mild stimulate / slight 'buzz', and a sense of being more "relaxed"..

https://www.drugscience.org.uk/drug...q7gIVwfezCh2AygowEAAYAiAAEgKyy_D_BwE#47680496

Most likely cause for the Nicotine testing is for Medical insurance . If they see Nicotine in your system , that can give them future reasons to Deny a claim .

Insurance costs for the most part. The other factor is more for our pilots but us to a lesser degree. Nicotine has a negative impact on your night vision and how quickly your eyes adapt from light to dark conditions. The pilots have a list of OTC and Rx meds they can't take on duty in addition to alcohol and other drugs.

cool, thanks! did not know this!

In the same category as arguing with religious and political extremists. People are biased and brainwashed by their indoctrination.

no truer words have been typed!

This has been an interesting thread..

I know where I come from; what I've gone thru growing up..

I've know a range of dug addicts; some long gone, some still around & in communication with..
I've known some pretty smart people, and some.. well, Algebra is a foreign language to them..
I know some who are aware of what types & effects different drugs have
And I know a few who have no idea, and think a sherry is a stiff drink..

But to insist that your opinion / thought trumps mine, and that I'm wrong / you're right with little to no personal experience, involvement, or even reputable research.. Don't talk to me..

I had a strict brainwashing as a Catholic in my youth and it took many years to reverse it. I will never forgive them for ruining my youth. I'm surprised that they didn't have me to watch "Reefer Madness" where everyone who smokes a joint immediately goes and kills all their family members.

On a lighter note: Quote of the day " If people concentrated on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing rods",

Oh, and tell me a good story that doesn't start with:

"I was / we were soo [drunk/baked/hammered/fried/spaced/sloshed/etc...]...." (and is usually preceded with - back in school / college / university / at a trade show ....)

;) 🤣 :eggnog:

I am lucky enough to have the willpower to eliminate bad habits from my life and incorporate healthy ones. But I have to say, the toughest addiction for me to kick by a long shot is coffee. Cant stop, wont stop.

And then attempt to assemble smd electronics right?

Weed and rockets don’t mix . . . too many important things can be overlooked. But, when I am done flying rockets . . .

One time at Blackrock, I was leaving Sunday morning, but I couldn’t find my sunglasses. I was looking all around, when ‘tfish’ said “Hank, what are you looking for?” I said, “my sunglasses.” Tony said, “you’re wearing them.”

Oh, and tell me a good story that doesn't start with:

"I was / we were soo [drunk/baked/hammered/fried/spaced/sloshed/etc...]...." (and is usually preceded with - back in school / college / university / at a trade show ....)

;) 🤣 :eggnog:
On Dec 8th we had 6 choclate lab puppies. From birth to the going to new homes is the most fun a person can have. At 5 weeks old we had them all house broken, and that was with them going outside in the snow... there is nothing better than sitting on the floor and calling "puppies come". , and getting swarmed:)

How was that for a story??

On Dec 8th we had 6 choclate lab puppies. From birth to the going to new homes is the most fun a person can have. At 5 weeks old we had them all house broken, and that was with them going outside in the snow... there is nothing better than sitting on the floor and calling "puppies come". , and getting swarmed:)

How was that for a story??
I'll turn that into a sad story..... How do you say goodbye.??

I'll turn that into a sad story..... How do you say goodbye.??
That is correct. it is hard, it takes 6 seconds to fall in love with each of them. Even at a month old they all have different personalities. Last niiiight Chockie 2 got a new family, I am in OK so I did not get to meet them. My wife did. I have always wanted a pup from birth, so we talked about keeping Streak. But I decieded that it would probably break Woodys heart if I kept one, as we would be joined at the hip with each other. Cause Woody and I have a bond like no other. he comes with me in the truck, he wil GRRRRRRRRRRR at the others if they try to take his spot next to me. I love my dogs.

Back