They Did It!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
THIS IS THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY DID IT! They forced game 7! first team EVER to do that from a 3-0 deficit!!!!!!

They WILL go to the World Series, they WILL win it ALL

Oh just get it over with.. The Simpsons is on at the same time, but guess which gets played? :(

:kill:

It's a money thing, take the series for instance, when has it not gone all 7 games? Rarely if ever. They loose too much revenue off of the games that do not get played...sounds rigged to me :D

What always amazed me (when I lived in Cambridge across the Charles from Fenway and on Long Island) was that the Fenway Franks and yankee Franks all came from the same Colonial meatpacking plant.

Do they still have the contract?

Originally posted by Neil
THIS IS THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY DID IT! They forced game 7! first team EVER to do that from a 3-0 deficit!!!!!!

They WILL go to the World Series, they WILL win it ALL

Neil, I have no idea what you're going on about. But by the sounds of it your team just lost. :) :rolleyes:

Just because it is called the 'world series' dosen't mean the whole world is involved! (or understands!)

He's on about His national game; Baseball. Two rival teams (and original league teams I beleive) are down to the last game to see who is the (percived) 'world (OK .. "North American") champion.

It's one of those 'best out of XX games' final bouts..

best of 7, in-fact, with the red-sox, it always gets to 7 games, not once since 1945 has the ALCS(with the red sox) gone less than 7 games. 2 with the cardinals, one with someone else(i forget, NOOO) and 2 with the yankees...neil, this is where you find out what its like to be a red sox fan...tonight, game 7....it ALWAYS happens. like something stupid like A-rods swat last night, where the ball went 100yds out of bounds...something stupid like that will happen. just watch.

Originally posted by Dr Wogz
Just because it is called the 'world series' dosen't mean the whole world is involved! (or understands!)

He's on about His national game; Baseball. Two rival teams (and original league teams I beleive) are down to the last game to see who is the (percived) 'world (OK .. "North American") champion.

It's one of those 'best out of XX games' final bouts..

I care...and it that case - GO TEAM!

Yea I know... But I can still hope!

When A-rod swatted that ball, I thought he just dropped it, and I was about ready to hit my TV with a baseball bat. :kill:

It MIGHT happen. It isnt likely, but it MIGHT JUST HAPPEN!!

Maybe.

funny how they brought out those police in riot gear, wasnt it? :D Crazy Yankees fans.... :eek::kill:

lol, yeah, that was crazy. they'll need it again tonight probably. lowe is a ground ball pitcher...we turn a few DP's and they're gonna be ALL over us.

Let me tell ya, I was at that game last night and there was pandemonium in the stands. Forget the roit police, bring in the tanks. Those fans are freaking nuts, the best seat in the house........ is your house, believe me.
Prediction- Yanks 8 Sox's 6

Think I just saw a ghost......

sox 10-yanks 8, yanks will leave 2 men on with A-rod at the plate and one out, where he will ground into a DP and the RED SOX will go to the WS and win in 6 against the cardinals.

Found this on a local radiostations website

THE RED SOX PRAYER

Our father, who art at Fenway

Baseball be thy game

Thy Kingdom come,

World Series won

On Earth, then on to the Cask'n Flagon

Give us this day, a perfect Pedro

And forgive us our losses,

As we forgive those

Like Bill Buckner

And lead us not into depression,

But deliver us from the curse.

For thine is the Power

and the Glory

To beat the Yankees,

Forever and ever.....AMEN.

and lets just have a word from the representatives in new york who dont follow baseball:

"WHAT IS GOING ON!??!?!"

every news channel was talking about this and every radio station, when did baseball season start? aghhahghggh... if you guys wanna be cool you should watch some primetime pre season basketball!

basketball used to be fun to watch...but it has gone the way of hockey. WAY down. the era of bird and chamberlain is way over, and now we have thugs running the show. its really sad, sports as we know it has become a way to sell things. thats why we have millions of people without a job, and a young highschool 19 year old gets drafted without any college and instantly gets 96 million dollars to wear nike shoes. its getting pretty sad...
sorry, that was way off topic, but i genuinely hate basketball lately.

Originally posted by rabidsheeep
and lets just have a word from the representatives in new york who dont follow baseball:

"WHAT IS GOING ON!??!?!"

every news channel was talking about this and every radio station, when did baseball season start? aghhahghggh... if you guys wanna be cool you should watch some primetime pre season basketball!

While non-baseball fans wouldn't understand, most *any* sports fan should be able to appreciate what is going on in the Bronx. Sports history is being made this week. In *baseball*, shilling pitched what is now considered by most/all as the greatest 7 innings of pitching in the history of the game, but even outside of baseball. To come back from loosing the first 3 games to force a game 7 has never been done.

Yea, it's big news :) If yer not a baseball fan, turn on SCIFI :)

WHAT?!?!? alcs IS scifi. lol. i heard the first pitch is going to be thrown out by bucky dent. NOOOOOO!!!!!

the Sox beat the Yanks AND we get to hear Ronin Tynan sing God Bless America. Enough to give a grown man chills!

This post season has been awesome.

THEY JUST WON IT!!!!! 10-3!!!! WERE GOIN TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!! THIS IS *THE* YEAR!!!!!

neil...do you recall 1986? when that was "the" year? its not over until the fat lady sings. and she hasnt even begun to warm up.

awww, the World Series is anticlimatic. We beat the yankee's! Further, we beat them in the "house that Ruth built"!

As far as I am concerned that proves that either the "curse" never existed or, if it did, it has been lifted.

I see the World Series as an exhibition event. A reason for Boston to play 4-7 more games before resting for the winter. As a fan, they've done all I could ever ask them for and I ask no more. Anything more they wish to give or can achive is simply frosting on an already delishious cake :)

How long until hockey season starts? Oh yeah, we don't have one here in San Diego.:rolleyes:

WW

C'mon Jim, we need the whole enchilada: a WORLD SERIES VICTORY. Especially for the set of fans who've gone their whole lives hoping for it. My kids and wife have become big baseball fans over the course of the week. The whole region is having a great time staying up late watching the games.

It's amazing to consider that the New England Patriots have strung together the most impressive winning streak EVER in the NFL and are playing second fiddle to the Red Sox!

It's a great weekend to live in the Boston area:<ul>
<li>CMASS Launch on Saturday
<li>Red Sox on Sat/Sun evenings
<li>Patriots vs. Jets on Sunday
<li>Crisp weather and gorgeous leaves
</ul>

Go Red Sox!
Go Patriots!

Originally posted by wwattles
How long until hockey season starts? Oh yeah, we don't have one here in San Diego.:rolleyes:

WW

I guess I'll just have to be content with watching the AHL.

I can go see one of the following for about $15.00:

Worcester Icecats (St.Louis Blues) - 25 min. drive

Providence Bruins (Boston Bruins) - 35 min. drive

Hartford Wolfpack (New York Rangers) - 1hr. 30 min. drive

Lowell Lock Monsters (Carolina Hurricanes/Calgary Flames) - 1hr. 35 min. drive

Springfield Falcons (Tampa Bay Lightning) 1 hr. 40 min. drive

Originally posted by r1dermon
neil...do you recall 1986? when that was "the" year? its not over until the fat lady sings. and she hasnt even begun to warm up.

Obviously not. I was born in 1991 :p

Ok, picture this...

You're a customer service rep for Adelphia cable company on thursday morning, the day after the Red Sox beat the Yankee's in a never been done before, come from 3-0 deficit, 7th game win to take the penant for the first time in 18 years...

There, i've set the stage... ...now for the story...

It seems that Wednesday evening was the pre-scheduled, automatically run, can't be cancelled automatic emergency broadcast test that they are required to run...

...you guessed it. Bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, here the pit... bbbeeeeeeppppp, bbbeeeeepppp, bbbbeeeeepppppp, this has been a test. Had this been an actual emergency, yata, yata, yata, Now back to your regularly scheduled program... ...THE SOX WIN THE PENANT, THE SOX WIN THE PENANT!

must have been 20,000 phone calls in the first 10 minutes of opening their phone lines... LOL

Originally posted by jflis
Ok, picture this...

You're a customer service rep for Adelphia cable company on thursday morning, the day after the Red Sox beat the Yankee's in a never been done before, come from 3-0 deficit, 7th game win to take the penant for the first time in 18 years...

There, i've set the stage... ...now for the story...

It seems that Wednesday evening was the pre-scheduled, automatically run, can't be cancelled automatic emergency broadcast test that they are required to run...

...you guessed it. Bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, here the pit... bbbeeeeeeppppp, bbbeeeeepppp, bbbbeeeeepppppp, this has been a test. Had this been an actual emergency, yata, yata, yata, Now back to your regularly scheduled program... ...THE SOX WIN THE PENANT, THE SOX WIN THE PENANT!

must have been 20,000 phone calls in the first 10 minutes of opening their phone lines... LOL

:kill: :kill: :kill:

Back