3D Printing Thermal Runaway

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H_Rocket

Death by Powerpoint
Reaction score
On an Ender 5 Pro, I am getting this error with an annoying regularity. I've browsed all over the place and the answers range from replacing parts to animal sacrifice. I have replaced the hot end sensor. There does not appear to be any rhyme or reason to when it happens.

I'd appreciate any suggestions as to settings or what not.

Runaway.jpg

Have you checked the bed thermal sensor? I have an Ender 3 that had a Thermal Runaway message, replaced the hot end sensor, no joy.....ended up being the one on the bed.

On an Ender 5 Pro, I am getting this error with an annoying regularity. I've browsed all over the place and the answers range from replacing parts to animal sacrifice. I have replaced the hot end sensor. There does not appear to be any rhyme or reason to when it happens.

I'd appreciate any suggestions as to settings or what not.

View attachment 527248
You can also get the ram runaway on your bed. It is usually a thermistor issues,

Okay, replacing the bed sensor;

Do you just peel back the Kapton tape or snake the sensor into place?

I’m wondering if the sensor is simply not making consistent contact with the bed…

Okay, replacing the bed sensor;

Do you just peel back the Kapton tape or snake the sensor into place?

I’m wondering if the sensor is simply not making consistent contact with the bed…

Yes. There are videos on youtube.

Back