The V2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbarrm

Reaction score
Here are some vintage photos of the V2, I’m probably sure you have seen most of these but I love them.

Dan

col-pic-1.jpg

Cool ! Those motors haul some a$$ ! Does anyone know a rough estimate what motor & total impulse?
Karl

V-2 engine's total impulse is 18,900,000 N-sec

it's NAR designation would be an X2700,000-150

This is according to Peter Alway's "Rockets Of The World".

sandman

those are some very cool pics, thanks for sharing them, thats one powerful motor, did the V-2 use oxygen and Kerosene?

Those interested in the V-2 really ought to take a look at https://www.v2rocket.com. Among other things, it has answers to all the above questions, plus colour schemes. :)

"col-pic-2.jpg" and "col-pic-4.jpg" show the standard service ragged camouflage pattern.
"col-pic-3.jpg" shows two specimens in the wavy pattern and one in the later field test pattern. "col-pic-5.jpg" shows another three in field test markings. "meillerw01.jpg" shows another specimen of the wavy pattern.
"v2flight.jpg" shows one of the black and white patterns - and if it's horizontal, it's either going so fast that it should have been impossible to photograph, or it's probably about to crash. ;)

The website also has a diagram from Pete Alway's "Rockets of the World", plus a fact sheet presumably scanned from a type-written document. These will tell you the dimensions of the V-2.

Also highly recommended: Pete Alway's supplemental booklet "In The Shadow of the V-2", which has plans for a load of V-2 derivatives - German, American and Russian.

Has anyone any ideas on how to light 9,000,000 A's? :D

Does anyone know of a website that offers a 18mm version of the V2? I know I have seen on but can't remember what the address is.

Also, JimZ has plans for the Estes version, based on a BT 55, and Balsa Machine Service sells nose and tail cones to fit.

Originally posted by adrian
Has anyone any ideas on how to light 9,000,000 A's? :D
A single Estes igniter and a lot of Quickmatch. I would NOT suggest using the Electron Beam controller - the leads are a tad too short for my liking :D

Back