THE TXSO 2023: The Texas Shootout (Seymour, TX -- May 26-28, 2023)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnapRoll

Reaction score
It's with GREAT honor and excitement that the Board of Directors of Tripoli North Texas cordially invites you to...

TNT Logo.png

The 2023 TXSO - "The Texas Shootout" @ The TNT ROCKET RANCH
The Texas Shootout is an annual event that we started in 2021 that intends to bring ALL the Texas Clubs and their members together for a big, exciting, Texas sized event for fun, flying, and fellowship! We are honored to have anyone and everyone travel to our event this year, and enjoy our large flying field and waiver. The Waiver is a standing to 16,500AGL, with call in's to 32,000AGL! (30,000AGL Research motor) The TNT Board of Directors respectfully requests that you send us an e-mail with your intention for a flight above 16,500AGL, or larger than an M motor so that we can coordinate to best serve you. (email: [email protected]) We have a new hydraulic launch tower that can handle the BIGGEST projects you have to offer. This event will take place on Memorial Day Weekend, with the flying days of May 27, May 28, and 1/2 Day on May 29. We have some fantastic flights planned for the TXSO 2023 already with multiple O's, N's and a load of M's scheduled to go fly into the beautiful Texas sky. Our launch site is located in Seymour TX, to the SW of Wichita Falls. Our wonderful land owner has built a new LCO Pavilion building, and much more exciting infrastructure is being added to the launch site.

FOR MORE INFORMATION, LOCATION AND REGISTRATION : www.tripolinorthtexas.org
GO TO--> EVENT CALENDAR --> Click on TEXAS SHOOTOUT 2023 on the Calendar
NOTE: YOU CAN FIND THE SEYMOUR LAUNCH SITE BY LOOKING UP ' THE ROCKET RANCH / TRIPOLI NORTH TEXAS SEYMOUR LAUNCH SITE' on GOOGLE MAPS.

Please come and join us, and let our club know how we can help to give you the best rocketry experience possible! Reply to this message, or feel free to e-mail [email protected] with any questions

Last edited:
Did anyone get to launch today? (Saturday) or was it a total wash? I got there shortly after 10am and it had already been raining and a look at the weather radar showed a major cell was not far out and another one was behind that one. After driving 4 hours to the site, I would have been ready to wait it out, but I don't want to make my father sit in the truck and wait, so we ended up leaving.

The weather cleared by 12:30 on Saturday. There were Constant Launches until 5:00. I put up my Punisher, and a Prometheus.

The Tripoli Houston Crew are On Point.!
This is true, BUT, the muddy conditions made it quite challenging out there. There were a number of vehicles having trouble accessing the launch site and trudging through sticky mud was … unpleasant. Kudos to Tripoli North Texas for making it work about as well as possible given the conditions.

The weather cleared by 12:30 on Saturday. There were Constant Launches until 5:00. I put up my Punisher, and a Prometheus.

The Tripoli Houston Crew are On Point.!
Glad to hear that y'all got some launches in after all. I was really looking forward to my first flights since I my last level 2 flights back in 2001.

Even better weather Sunday. Despite the forecasts foretelling doom on an hourly basis, said forecasts fell back hour by hour like a clock, the storms constantly blew around us, winds were mild, and ceiling was high, eventually clearing completely. Probably the best day of rocketry weather we've seen at Seymour in more than a year.

Alas, the weather finally got to us and turned the field to an impassable mud bog overnight, cancelling today's launch. I was slow moving this morning and didn't make the field in time for breakdown.

Many thanks to @Newguy @SnapRoll and the many others who put on another fantastic launch.

Back