The 'TRF Traveling Box 'o Parts' thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Devin Batten

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Oh boy! Oh boy! I cant wait. Hope nobody took my idea of what to put in it.

mooffle

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm debating spoiling one of my ideas for the box, the sooner someone does it the better it may be. But then the surprise is also ruined. :questions:

MikeyDSlagle

Reaction score
I'm debating spoiling one of my ideas for the box, the sooner someone does it the better it may be. But then the surprise is also ruined. :questions:
Oh?!
And what you got in mind?
PM me and I can help you decide. 😁

mooffle

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so I PM'd Mikey and he gave me some good feedback.
If anyone else wants to start this first feel free but otherwise I'm going to toss a flash drive into the box with some rocketry goodies on it. Mikey said there are a pair of them going around with the Wanderer rocket, one containing flight records and the other with plans, apogee newsletters, etc. seems like a good fit here too. In keeping with the theme of this box of parts I'd like to see whatever random bits of rocket inspiration/ork and rkt build files/software (freeware, don't cause licensing issues) we all have.

The drive stays in the box obviously, and the surprise is whatever you guys want to add or copy. I think a disclaimer note is also in order just incase anyone is uncomfortable with strange flash drives on their pc. Like I said, I'll add this when its my turn but I won't be mad if beaten to it.

Sooner Boomer

Reaction score
I put that flash drive with the stuff on it in the wandering rocket. I can send another for the box of parts. Let me know who is next on the list and their address. There's about 32G on the drive, so make that much space (or just copy what you want). And a big shout out to Krusty who provided a lot of stuff that's on there.

Tobor

Get your peanuts....
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The box has landed. Got some nice Items in there. Good thing my Ideas for additions werent in there.
For those (like me) who do not have a Mac, here is the image converted to jpeg. I used the online conversion tool at heictojpg.com
20210301_180540.jpg

jqavins

Helpful Smartass
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Ah. I was about to ask what an heic file is. Never heard of it. (I guess Apple just has to everything a little differently than the rest of the world.)

Last edited:

Devin Batten

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Package has been sent and is on its way. Round and round it goes. Curious to see what ends up in it next time.

CobraCommander

Reaction score
I love this ! I’ve done this with hot sauces, old truck parts (mostly emblems, switches, etc) and also with DVDs if you can believe that !
I’d love to participate !

MikeyDSlagle

Reaction score
I love this ! I’ve done this with hot sauces, old truck parts (mostly emblems, switches, etc) and also with DVDs if you can believe that !
I’d love to participate !
HOT SAUCES!! Now that sounds awesome. Craft beer would be awesome too, too bad you can't legally ship it.

jqavins

Helpful Smartass
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Now, hot sauce I could do. I've got a recipe concept I've wanting to try out.

jqavins

Helpful Smartass
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Curious...what is it?
Hot sauce with no pepers. Dry mustard mixed hot*, freshly grated horse radish, cut garlic, black pepper, maybe ginger, some vineger.

* Dry mustard gets hotter and hotter after it's mixed with water until that process is arested by adding some acid. Garlic gets hot when its cut surfaces are left open to air. Ginger can give you some heat, but I'll have to find out how to control that. The vapor and liquid droplets from grating horse radish are kickass; I thought I was going to die the first time I got a good sniff.

Wally Ferrer

SRE
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Did this box fall off the edge of the Earth..? While I already got mine, I was still following it with interest... :questions: