The tragedy of Nick Adenhart

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelltym88

Reaction score
Normally these kinds of things don't get to me, but the tragedy of the Angels rookie pitcher Nick Adenhart has really affected me more so than others. Don't get me wrong, I'm not indifferent when these things happen, I hate to see such tragedy's, but this one is different.

Maybe it was because I was watching the game last night. Maybe it's because it happened just 2 miles from my house. Maybe it's because he was a player for my team. Maybe it's all of them, or something else. All I know is I'm stunned, and I feel for his family, as well as those of the other victims. Terrible, just terrible.

Last edited:
Maybe it was because I was watching the game last night. Maybe it's because it happened just 2 miles from my house. Maybe it's because he was a player for my team. Maybe it's all of them, or something else. All I know is I'm stunned, and I feel for his family, as well as those of the other victims. Terrible, just terrible.

I hadn't heard about this until you posted here: what a sad and terrible end to a life. I can imagine as close you are it really is hitting home.

It's really a sad story, and a very sad ending for three lives. Why, because of a drunk driver. This country needs to toughen up on the DUI laws and require mandatory jail time.

The killer in this case follows the same story that's told daily, and I for one am tired of seeing good people lost to moron drunks.

"Andrew Thomas Gallo, 22, of Riverside, was driving on a suspended license because of a previous drunk driving conviction. Preliminary results indicated Gallo’s blood-alcohol level was “substantially over the legal limit” of .08 percent, police Lt. Kevin Hamilton said."

Hit close to home here too, he played minor league ball here in Utah, for the Salt Lake Bees. Got called up this season.

Back