The Thrustline "MarsProbe"..........

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swimmer

Reaction score
The beta-test build phase of the Thrustline MarsProbe is complete. Hopefully the flight phase can be completed this weekend and then a full review on EMRR will follow.

This is a beautifully designed rocket and has a great futuristic look.

Paint is ACE Hardware gloss orange and the finish is brilliant. The blue is Krylon and, while not as glossy, still adds a nice contrast to the orange.

The rings are a nice design feature that sets this kit apart from any I have built or have seen. This 18mm motor kit begs to be upscaled to 24mm or even 29mm. Talk about unique and unusual.

Nice job Swimmer! I just love those ORANGE rockets. I agree, this is a upscale dream.

Very shiny rocket and cool design. Nicely done. I'd definetly like one. :cool:

Any other info? Size, engine choices, or release dates? :)

Thanks

Originally posted by huxley
Very shiny rocket and cool design. Nicely done. I'd definetly like one. :cool:

Any other info? Size, engine choices, or release dates? :)

Thanks

Thanks guys. Here are some spec's and other info....

Length.......13.6"
Diameter....0.98"
Weight........1.8 oz (C6-5)
Motor selections

A8-3
B6-4
C6-5 (Requires well broken in sneakers or boots suitable for hiking.)

Model should be available by the first week of Sept. I will take pre-orders (NO MONEY PLEASE). The price will be around 12-14 dollars. You may e-mail me if you would like to be on a list.

That thing looks great!

It must have been fun masking those fins under the rings...Or did you put the rings on after? Adam Selene paints like that sometimes. He leaves a little strip of tape where the part will be glued after painting.

Post a launch pic when it goes up. It's very cool looking.:cool:

wow, that rocket rules! i want to hear about the masking it too.

Originally posted by Swimmer
The beta-test build phase of the Thrustline MarsProbe is complete. . This 18mm motor kit begs to be upscaled to 24mm or even 29mm. Talk about unique and unusual.

There will be a 24mm version this on the way...just not right away.

Dude,
That thing looks like it's just gonna SLIP through the air!

Justin,

Masking the fins was not a problem. Thrustline designed the larger ring to have small fin extensions glued onto it and then slid over the fins on the bodytube and glued in place. The partial fins on the ring makes the fin look long, like one single unit. The smaller ring slides into place and is glued to the forward fins. The rings are glued on after painting.

Let me brag on Thrustline's nosecones. They are quality balsa and they fit .98" tube perfectly. The nosecone took very little work to get it to the prime/paint stage.

nomopbo,

It does look sleek, doesn't it. It even looks fast on display and this weekend I hope to prove that the MarsProbeII will slip through the air.

I had a great time putting this one together. My Grandsons gave it a 10 on the cool meter.

Originally posted by flying_silverad
There will be a 24mm version this on the way...just not right away.

We are going to need a loooong talk about your avoidance of 29mm

;)

Back